May. 9th, 1918
Brookline, Massachusetts, USA
Mike Wallace's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired
1992 - Hugh Hefner: Once Upon a Time
1972 - The Candidate
1957 - A Face in the Crowd
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Correspondent (segment "Classic: The Trashing of Clayton Hartwig")
Himself - Announcer
- He really wanted to be a radio broadcaster and applied for a position in Muskegon, Michigan upon graduation from University of Michigan. He was turned down. He then applied to WOOD in Grand Rapids, Michigan and was hired and so started his broadcasting career.
- Longtime friend of 'Nancy Davis (I)' (qv), having known her well before she married 'Ronald Reagan (I)' (qv).
- Is portrayed by 'Mark Harelik' (qv) in _Hefner: Unauthorized (1999) (TV)_ (qv)
- In the early days of television, Mike Wallace appeared in TV commercials for Golden Fluffo Shortening.
- Announcer on ABC and Mutual Radio's "Sky King" (1946-1954).
- His oldest son, Peter, died in a mountain climbing accident in 1961; his second son, 'Chris Wallace (IV)' (qv), is also a news broadcaster.