Jun. 30th, 1966
Brooklyn, New York, USA
5' 11 1/2"
Mike Tyson's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles2015 - Brand: A Second Coming
2015 - Entourage
2015 - Champs
2013 - Grudge Match
2011 - The Hangover: Part II
2009 - The Hangover
2008 - Tyson
2006 - Rocky Balboa
2004 - When Will I Be Loved
2001 - Bolivia
2001 - Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles
Guest TV Roles
Mike Tyson (Voiced)
Himself - Guest
One of the most frightening human beings ever to step into the boxing ring, Mike Tyson was the model of the supreme gladiator - unbeaten and unbeatable. Never before had one individual captured the attention of the wider world via sport except Muhammad Ali. From 1987-1990, he was the undisputed world heavyweight champion conducting a reign of terror in the prize-fighting ring and earning millions of dollars whilst doing it. He had won the WBC title in November 1986 at the tender age of twenty becoming the youngest heavyweight champion ever. Soon after he claimed the WBA crown from James "Bonecrusher" Smith before beating Tony Tucker for the IBF championship. Brutal victories against the likes of Pinklon Thomas, Tony Tubbs, Larry Holmes, Tyrell Biggs and Michael Spinks confirmed his status as the best in the world.
However, his life outside the ring was as engrossing as his life in it. A short-lived marriage to actress Robin Givens was followed by a catalogue of personal misfortune that ultimately resulted in him losing his world championship to James "Buster" Douglas in Tokyo in February 1990. He was jailed for rape in 1992 and released in 1995. A comeback later that same year saw him beat two opponents before regaining the WBC heavyweight crown in March 1996. He added the WBA crown to his tally by beating Bruce Seldon before getting stopped by the unheralded Evander Holyfield in November 1996. A rematch in June 1997 saw him bite a chunk of Holyfield's ear off - an act that earned him worldwide condemnation. He has continued to fight on and off; a title challenge in 2002 saw him lose in 8 rounds to Lennox Lewis whilst a routine assignment in July 2004 saw him beaten by another British talent, Danny Williams, in 4 rounds. His final fight was a loss to Irishman Kevin McBride in 2005, although to most observers it was clear Tyson had absolutely nothing left. Now he is fighting bankruptcy and a drugs charge, although his status as a cult celebrity still stays strong as well as his boxing legacy.
- Exodus, the four-year-old daughter of Tyson and former girlfriend Sol Xochitl, died in a Phoenix, AZ hospital following a freak accident with a treadmill cord on 26 May 2009. Tyson and Lakiha Spicer, the mother of his youngest infant daughter, secretly married 11 days later in Las Vegas.
- From 6 March 1985 to 11 February 1990, he was undefeated with a record of 37-0.
- In 1991 'Desiree Washington' (qv), a Miss Black America contestant, charged that Tyson raped her in an Indianapolis hotel room. He was arrested, tried, convicted and served three years in prison.
- Bit off a chunk of 'Evander Holyfield' (qv)'s ear during a heavyweight title bout.
- (January 2002) Wife 'Monica Turner' (qv) filed for divorce.
- (June 2002) Was soundly defeated by 'Lennox Lewis' (qv) via knockout in the eighth round.
- He was fined $3 million, and was banned from boxing for one year for biting 'Evander Holyfield' (qv)'s ear during a bout.