Jun. 30th, 1966
Brooklyn, New York, USA
5' 11 1/2"
Mike Tyson's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles2015 - Entourage
2015 - Champs
2015 - Brand: A Second Coming
2013 - Grudge Match
2011 - The Hangover: Part II
2009 - The Hangover
2008 - Tyson
2006 - Rocky Balboa
2004 - When Will I Be Loved
2001 - Bolivia
2001 - Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles
Guest TV Roles
Mike Tyson (Voiced)
Himself - Guest
One of the most frightening human beings ever to step into the boxing ring, Mike Tyson was the model of the supreme gladiator - unbeaten and unbeatable. Never before had one individual captured the attention of the wider world via sport except Muhammad Ali. From 1987-1990, he was the undisputed world heavyweight champion conducting a reign of terror in the prize-fighting ring and earning millions of dollars whilst doing it. He had won the WBC title in November 1986 at the tender age of twenty becoming the youngest heavyweight champion ever. Soon after he claimed the WBA crown from James "Bonecrusher" Smith before beating Tony Tucker for the IBF championship. Brutal victories against the likes of Pinklon Thomas, Tony Tubbs, Larry Holmes, Tyrell Biggs and Michael Spinks confirmed his status as the best in the world.
However, his life outside the ring was as engrossing as his life in it. A short-lived marriage to actress Robin Givens was followed by a catalogue of personal misfortune that ultimately resulted in him losing his world championship to James "Buster" Douglas in Tokyo in February 1990. He was jailed for rape in 1992 and released in 1995. A comeback later that same year saw him beat two opponents before regaining the WBC heavyweight crown in March 1996. He added the WBA crown to his tally by beating Bruce Seldon before getting stopped by the unheralded Evander Holyfield in November 1996. A rematch in June 1997 saw him bite a chunk of Holyfield's ear off - an act that earned him worldwide condemnation. He has continued to fight on and off; a title challenge in 2002 saw him lose in 8 rounds to Lennox Lewis whilst a routine assignment in July 2004 saw him beaten by another British talent, Danny Williams, in 4 rounds. His final fight was a loss to Irishman Kevin McBride in 2005, although to most observers it was clear Tyson had absolutely nothing left. Now he is fighting bankruptcy and a drugs charge, although his status as a cult celebrity still stays strong as well as his boxing legacy.
- The character "Blood" from Vendetta (1991) was modeled after him, and his nemesis, 'Mitchell Green' (qv).
- In 2000 he fought three times in Europe. His third, against 'Andrzej Golota' (qv), was first a victory, but changed to no-contest after Tyson failed a drug test. The next year he fought only once, knocking out 'Brian Nielsen (I)' (qv) in the seventh round.
- On 11 June 2005, he lost a non-title fight against Kevin McBride. Tyson, who was favored to win the match, did not leave his corner after the end of the sixth round, and McBride was proclaimed the winner.
- Ex-wife 'Monica Turner' (qv) is a pediatric resident at Georgetown University Medical Center.
- Was involved in a street fight with former opponent 'Mitchell Green' (qv) in 1988. In 1997 Green won a lawsuit over the incident and was awarded $45,000.
- He was knocked out by 'James 'Buster' Douglas' (qv), 'Evander Holyfield' (qv), 'Lennox Lewis' (qv) and Williams. 'Kevin Mcbride' (qv) scored a TKO over Tyson after Tyson quit on his stool at the start of round 6.
- Won his first 19 fights by knockout.