May. 25th, 1963
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Mike Myers' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Shrek Forever After
2009 - Inglourious Basterds
2008 - The Love Guru
2007 - Shrek The Third
2004 - Shrek 2
2003 - The Cat in the Hat
2003 - Shrek 4-D
2002 - Austin Powers in Goldmember
2001 - Shrek
1999 - Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
1999 - Mystery, Alaska
1998 - 54
1997 - Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
1993 - So I Married an Axe Murderer
1993 - Wayne's World 2
1992 - Wayne's World
Guest TV Roles
Michael John Myers was born in 1963 in Scarborough, Ontario. His television career really started in 1988, when he joined "Saturday Night Live" (1975), where he spent six seasons. He brought to life many memorable characters, such as Dieter and Wayne Cambell. His major movies include Wayne's World (1992), Wayne's World 2 (1993), So I Married an Axe Murderer (1993), the Austin Powers movies and The Cat in the Hat (2003).
- Is of Scottish and English heritage.
- Frequently wears a Darcy Tucker #16 Toronto Maple Leafs hockey jersey.
- He auditioned to be on the British version of Whose Line is it Anyway. Steve Carrell also auditioned for it but both were unsuccessful.
- June 2000: was sued by Universal Pictures for $3.8 million for backing out of his contract to play Dieter in a feature film version of his _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) recurring skit, "Sprockets". Myers was quoted to say he would refuse to honor the $20 million contract rather than "cheating moviegoers with an unacceptable script".
- The high school he attended was Sir John A. Macdonald Collegiate Institute in Scarborough. He graduated from Stephen Leacock Collegiate Institute.
- His performance as Dr. Evil in the "Austin Powers" movies is ranked #35 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Movie Characters of All Time.
- In an interview with 'James Lipton' (qv) of the _"Inside the Actors Studio" (1994)_ , Myers stated that he met his wife in a bar after attending a hockey game where he caught a puck. Later in their relationship, they attended a hockey game and she caught a puck.
- Carries a British Passport. He has said in many interviews that he regards himself as British.