May. 25th, 1963
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Mike Myers' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Michael John Myers was born in 1963 in Scarborough, Ontario. His television career really started in 1988, when he joined "Saturday Night Live" (1975), where he spent six seasons. He brought to life many memorable characters, such as Dieter and Wayne Cambell. His major movies include Wayne's World (1992), Wayne's World 2 (1993), So I Married an Axe Murderer (1993), the Austin Powers movies and The Cat in the Hat (2003).
- In an interview with 'James Lipton' (qv) of the _"Inside the Actors Studio" (1994)_ , Myers stated that he met his wife in a bar after attending a hockey game where he caught a puck. Later in their relationship, they attended a hockey game and she caught a puck.
- Collects model soldiers; he finds the building and painting of the soldiers to be relaxing.
- Is a huge fan of 'Aerosmith' (qv). On his birthday, 'Aerosmith' (qv) was the music guest on SNL. Mike tried desperately to meet the band but was unsuccessful. During a "Wayne's World" sketch, the band showed up (unknown to Mike) as a "birthday present".
- Has a street named after him in Scarborough, Ontario: Mike Myers Drive.
- His character Linda Richman on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv), is based on his mother-in-law, 'Linda Richman' (qv).
- There is a street named "Wayne's World Drive" in Draper, Utah, which is 20 minutes south of Salt Lake City.
- Supports Liverpool Football Club - his parents were from Liverpool, UK.
- His performance as Dr. Evil in the "Austin Powers" movies is ranked #35 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Movie Characters of All Time.