May. 25th, 1963
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Mike Myers' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Shrek Forever After
2009 - Inglourious Basterds
2008 - The Love Guru
2007 - Shrek The Third
2004 - Shrek 2
2003 - The Cat in the Hat
2003 - Shrek 4-D
2002 - Austin Powers in Goldmember
2001 - Shrek
1999 - Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
1999 - Mystery, Alaska
1998 - 54
1997 - Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
1993 - So I Married an Axe Murderer
1993 - Wayne's World 2
1992 - Wayne's World
Guest TV Roles
Michael John Myers was born in 1963 in Scarborough, Ontario. His television career really started in 1988, when he joined "Saturday Night Live" (1975), where he spent six seasons. He brought to life many memorable characters, such as Dieter and Wayne Cambell. His major movies include Wayne's World (1992), Wayne's World 2 (1993), So I Married an Axe Murderer (1993), the Austin Powers movies and The Cat in the Hat (2003).
- Graduated high school in 1982 and was immediately accepted into Toronto's Second City Comedy ensemble.
- He is an Alumnus from the Famous Improv Olympic along with actors 'Vince Vaughn' (qv), late 'Chris Farley' (qv), 'Ossie Beck' (qv), 'Tina Fey' (qv), 'Amy Poehler' (qv) and 'Adam McKay' (qv).
- 2000: The Hollywood Reporter reported that he was being considered for the role of Inspector Clouseau, in _The Pink Panther (2006)_ (qv). A fan of 'Peter Sellers' (qv) (who played Clouseau in the original film), Myers was said to be initially reluctant to do the role, but became enthused about it after meeting with 'Ivan Reitman' (qv) (who was originally set to direct). Reitman told the Calgary Sun that the new film "won't be a retread of the 'Peter Sellers' (qv) versions. We want something new and fresh. Mike has to find a whole new character for Clouseau that is not 'Peter Sellers' (qv), but is also not Austin Powers." In March 2002, Myers withdrew from the project.
- (December 2005) He and Ruzan are ending their marriage.
- In an interview with 'James Lipton' (qv) of the _"Inside the Actors Studio" (1994)_ , Myers stated that he met his wife in a bar after attending a hockey game where he caught a puck. Later in their relationship, they attended a hockey game and she caught a puck.
- He auditioned to be on the British version of Whose Line is it Anyway. Steve Carrell also auditioned for it but both were unsuccessful.
- Is a huge fan of 'Aerosmith' (qv). On his birthday, 'Aerosmith' (qv) was the music guest on SNL. Mike tried desperately to meet the band but was unsuccessful. During a "Wayne's World" sketch, the band showed up (unknown to Mike) as a "birthday present".
- Carries a British Passport. He has said in many interviews that he regards himself as British.