May. 25th, 1963
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Mike Myers' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Shrek Forever After
2009 - Inglourious Basterds
2008 - The Love Guru
2007 - Shrek The Third
2004 - Shrek 2
2003 - The Cat in the Hat
2003 - Shrek 4-D
2002 - Austin Powers in Goldmember
2001 - Shrek
1999 - Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
1999 - Mystery, Alaska
1998 - 54
1997 - Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
1993 - So I Married an Axe Murderer
1993 - Wayne's World 2
1992 - Wayne's World
Guest TV Roles
Michael John Myers was born in 1963 in Scarborough, Ontario. His television career really started in 1988, when he joined "Saturday Night Live" (1975), where he spent six seasons. He brought to life many memorable characters, such as Dieter and Wayne Cambell. His major movies include Wayne's World (1992), Wayne's World 2 (1993), So I Married an Axe Murderer (1993), the Austin Powers movies and The Cat in the Hat (2003).
- (December 2005) He and Ruzan are ending their marriage.
- All street signs, leading the way to Mike Myers Drive and Mike Myers Way are stolen in June 2003, shortly after official presentation. This is the second time they are stolen; the unofficial ones were taken as well.
- His character Linda Richman on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv), is based on his mother-in-law, 'Linda Richman' (qv).
- In addition to being nominated for Worst Actor of 2004 at the Razzie awards, for his performance in _The Cat in the Hat (2003)_ (qv), he was also suggested on the 2004 nominating ballot in the Worst Supporting Actor category for his role in _View from the Top (2003)_ (qv). He failed to receive the Supporting Actor nomination, but got the Lead Actor nomination.
- His parents, Eric and Alice, were British citizens, which is why Myers carries a British passport.
- Is a huge fan of 'Aerosmith' (qv). On his birthday, 'Aerosmith' (qv) was the music guest on SNL. Mike tried desperately to meet the band but was unsuccessful. During a "Wayne's World" sketch, the band showed up (unknown to Mike) as a "birthday present".
- 2000: The Hollywood Reporter reported that he was being considered for the role of Inspector Clouseau, in _The Pink Panther (2006)_ (qv). A fan of 'Peter Sellers' (qv) (who played Clouseau in the original film), Myers was said to be initially reluctant to do the role, but became enthused about it after meeting with 'Ivan Reitman' (qv) (who was originally set to direct). Reitman told the Calgary Sun that the new film "won't be a retread of the 'Peter Sellers' (qv) versions. We want something new and fresh. Mike has to find a whole new character for Clouseau that is not 'Peter Sellers' (qv), but is also not Austin Powers." In March 2002, Myers withdrew from the project.
- He received a star on the Canadian Walk of Fame in Toronto, Ontario, Canada (June 25, 2003).