May. 25th, 1963
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Mike Myers' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Michael John Myers was born in 1963 in Scarborough, Ontario. His television career really started in 1988, when he joined "Saturday Night Live" (1975), where he spent six seasons. He brought to life many memorable characters, such as Dieter and Wayne Cambell. His major movies include Wayne's World (1992), Wayne's World 2 (1993), So I Married an Axe Murderer (1993), the Austin Powers movies and The Cat in the Hat (2003).
- All street signs, leading the way to Mike Myers Drive and Mike Myers Way are stolen in June 2003, shortly after official presentation. This is the second time they are stolen; the unofficial ones were taken as well.
- Is of Scottish and English heritage.
- Frequently wears a Darcy Tucker #16 Toronto Maple Leafs hockey jersey.
- Collects model soldiers; he finds the building and painting of the soldiers to be relaxing.
- Is a huge fan of 'Aerosmith' (qv). On his birthday, 'Aerosmith' (qv) was the music guest on SNL. Mike tried desperately to meet the band but was unsuccessful. During a "Wayne's World" sketch, the band showed up (unknown to Mike) as a "birthday present".
- Has 3 dogs named after hockey players.
- In addition to being nominated for Worst Actor of 2004 at the Razzie awards, for his performance in _The Cat in the Hat (2003)_ (qv), he was also suggested on the 2004 nominating ballot in the Worst Supporting Actor category for his role in _View from the Top (2003)_ (qv). He failed to receive the Supporting Actor nomination, but got the Lead Actor nomination.
- Was in the band "Ming Tea" with Canadian musician/producer Christopher Ward, and singers Matthew Sweet and Susanna Hoffs.