May. 25th, 1963
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Mike Myers' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Michael John Myers was born in 1963 in Scarborough, Ontario. His television career really started in 1988, when he joined "Saturday Night Live" (1975), where he spent six seasons. He brought to life many memorable characters, such as Dieter and Wayne Cambell. His major movies include Wayne's World (1992), Wayne's World 2 (1993), So I Married an Axe Murderer (1993), the Austin Powers movies and The Cat in the Hat (2003).
- Is of Scottish and English heritage.
- In 1993, he received a phone call from 'Barbra Streisand' (qv), asking him to appear as Linda Richman, opening for Streisand at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas - her first concert in 22 years.
- Has 3 dogs named after hockey players.
- He auditioned to be on the British version of Whose Line is it Anyway. Steve Carrell also auditioned for it but both were unsuccessful.
- In an interview with 'James Lipton' (qv) of the _"Inside the Actors Studio" (1994)_ , Myers stated that he met his wife in a bar after attending a hockey game where he caught a puck. Later in their relationship, they attended a hockey game and she caught a puck.
- Has said his favorite character to play in the Austin Powers movies is Dr. Evil. His least favorite to play is Fat Bastard.
- Hosted the _1997 MTV Movie Awards (1997) (TV)_ (qv).
- 2000: The Hollywood Reporter reported that he was being considered for the role of Inspector Clouseau, in _The Pink Panther (2006)_ (qv). A fan of 'Peter Sellers' (qv) (who played Clouseau in the original film), Myers was said to be initially reluctant to do the role, but became enthused about it after meeting with 'Ivan Reitman' (qv) (who was originally set to direct). Reitman told the Calgary Sun that the new film "won't be a retread of the 'Peter Sellers' (qv) versions. We want something new and fresh. Mike has to find a whole new character for Clouseau that is not 'Peter Sellers' (qv), but is also not Austin Powers." In March 2002, Myers withdrew from the project.