May. 25th, 1963
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Mike Myers' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Michael John Myers was born in 1963 in Scarborough, Ontario. His television career really started in 1988, when he joined "Saturday Night Live" (1975), where he spent six seasons. He brought to life many memorable characters, such as Dieter and Wayne Cambell. His major movies include Wayne's World (1992), Wayne's World 2 (1993), So I Married an Axe Murderer (1993), the Austin Powers movies and The Cat in the Hat (2003).
- As a teenager, he would act out his Wayne character to girls at parties.
- In an interview with 'James Lipton' (qv) of the _"Inside the Actors Studio" (1994)_ , Myers stated that he met his wife in a bar after attending a hockey game where he caught a puck. Later in their relationship, they attended a hockey game and she caught a puck.
- Hosted the _1997 MTV Movie Awards (1997) (TV)_ (qv).
- There is a street named "Wayne's World Drive" in Draper, Utah, which is 20 minutes south of Salt Lake City.
- June 2000: was sued by Universal Pictures for $3.8 million for backing out of his contract to play Dieter in a feature film version of his _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) recurring skit, "Sprockets". Myers was quoted to say he would refuse to honor the $20 million contract rather than "cheating moviegoers with an unacceptable script".
- His performance as Dr. Evil in the "Austin Powers" movies is ranked #35 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Movie Characters of All Time.
- Supports Liverpool Football Club - his parents were from Liverpool, UK.
- He received a star on the Canadian Walk of Fame in Toronto, Ontario, Canada (June 25, 2003).