May. 25th, 1963
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Mike Myers' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Michael John Myers was born in 1963 in Scarborough, Ontario. His television career really started in 1988, when he joined "Saturday Night Live" (1975), where he spent six seasons. He brought to life many memorable characters, such as Dieter and Wayne Cambell. His major movies include Wayne's World (1992), Wayne's World 2 (1993), So I Married an Axe Murderer (1993), the Austin Powers movies and The Cat in the Hat (2003).
- His parents, Eric and Alice, were British citizens, which is why Myers carries a British passport.
- Has 3 dogs named after hockey players.
- Used to take dancing lessons in Toronto.
- A fan of the rock band 'Queen (I)' (qv).
- The high school he attended was Sir John A. Macdonald Collegiate Institute in Scarborough. He graduated from Stephen Leacock Collegiate Institute.
- He is an Alumnus from the Famous Improv Olympic along with actors 'Vince Vaughn' (qv), late 'Chris Farley' (qv), 'Ossie Beck' (qv), 'Tina Fey' (qv), 'Amy Poehler' (qv) and 'Adam McKay' (qv).
- Enjoyed playing the role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons when he was young. He has said this give him the inspiration for his _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) character, Lothar of the Hill People.
- Is a huge fan of 'Aerosmith' (qv). On his birthday, 'Aerosmith' (qv) was the music guest on SNL. Mike tried desperately to meet the band but was unsuccessful. During a "Wayne's World" sketch, the band showed up (unknown to Mike) as a "birthday present".