May. 25th, 1963
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Mike Myers' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Michael John Myers was born in 1963 in Scarborough, Ontario. His television career really started in 1988, when he joined "Saturday Night Live" (1975), where he spent six seasons. He brought to life many memorable characters, such as Dieter and Wayne Cambell. His major movies include Wayne's World (1992), Wayne's World 2 (1993), So I Married an Axe Murderer (1993), the Austin Powers movies and The Cat in the Hat (2003).
- His mother studied at London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art before moving to Canada and raising a family.
- Graduated high school in 1982 and was immediately accepted into Toronto's Second City Comedy ensemble.
- Hosted the _1997 MTV Movie Awards (1997) (TV)_ (qv).
- In 1993, he received a phone call from 'Barbra Streisand' (qv), asking him to appear as Linda Richman, opening for Streisand at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas - her first concert in 22 years.
- In addition to being nominated for Worst Actor of 2004 at the Razzie awards, for his performance in _The Cat in the Hat (2003)_ (qv), he was also suggested on the 2004 nominating ballot in the Worst Supporting Actor category for his role in _View from the Top (2003)_ (qv). He failed to receive the Supporting Actor nomination, but got the Lead Actor nomination.
- Collects model soldiers; he finds the building and painting of the soldiers to be relaxing.
- Was in the band "Ming Tea" with Canadian musician/producer Christopher Ward, and singers Matthew Sweet and Susanna Hoffs.
- Has 3 dogs named after hockey players.