May. 25th, 1963
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Mike Myers' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Michael John Myers was born in 1963 in Scarborough, Ontario. His television career really started in 1988, when he joined "Saturday Night Live" (1975), where he spent six seasons. He brought to life many memorable characters, such as Dieter and Wayne Cambell. His major movies include Wayne's World (1992), Wayne's World 2 (1993), So I Married an Axe Murderer (1993), the Austin Powers movies and The Cat in the Hat (2003).
- Enjoyed playing the role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons when he was young. He has said this give him the inspiration for his _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) character, Lothar of the Hill People.
- In 1993, he received a phone call from 'Barbra Streisand' (qv), asking him to appear as Linda Richman, opening for Streisand at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas - her first concert in 22 years.
- Was in the band "Ming Tea" with Canadian musician/producer Christopher Ward, and singers Matthew Sweet and Susanna Hoffs.
- Frequently wears a Darcy Tucker #16 Toronto Maple Leafs hockey jersey.
- Hosted the _1997 MTV Movie Awards (1997) (TV)_ (qv).
- Supports Liverpool Football Club - his parents were from Liverpool, UK.
- Is a huge fan of 'Aerosmith' (qv). On his birthday, 'Aerosmith' (qv) was the music guest on SNL. Mike tried desperately to meet the band but was unsuccessful. During a "Wayne's World" sketch, the band showed up (unknown to Mike) as a "birthday present".
- Has 3 dogs named after hockey players.