Nov. 16th, 1951
Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Miguel Sandoval's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Miguel Sandoval (born November 16, 1951) is an American film and television actor.
Sandoval was born in Washington, D.C. He began working as a professional actor in 1975 when he joined a mime school in Albuquerque, New Mexico. He later joined the troupe full time and continued his study of mime.
He began his film career in the early 1980s. He had small roles in such acclaimed films Do the Right Thing, Jungle Fever, and Jurassic Park. After appearing in Clear and Present Danger in 1994, he began to take on larger roles, and appeared in Get Shorty, Up Close & Personal, and Blow.
Having appeared briefly in Repo Man and Sid and Nancy, Sandoval has also played the major roles of Treviranus in Death and the Compass and Bennie Reyes in Three Businessmen for director Alex Cox. In addition to film, Sandoval has acted in numerous television shows, often in recurring roles. Though shows such as The Court and Kingpin failed, he found a success with Medium in 2005, where he currently plays D.A. Manuel Devalos. Sandoval's other guest starring roles include appearances in popular series such as Frasier, The X-Files, Seinfeld and Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.
Sandoval has recently moved into directing, taking the helm for the third season Medium episode "Whatever Possessed You" which aired in March 2007. He has since directed one episode in each of seasons four through six.
- Began working as a professional actor in 1975 when he joined a mime school in Albuquerque, New Mexico working with Tom Leabhardt, a disciple of the famed Etienne Decroux, founder of L'Ecole de Mime de Paris. He later joined the troupe full time and continued his study of pantomime while helping to form the troupe into a professional company. The Performing Arts Collective continued to perform in parks and schools throughout the state until its members disbanded in 1979. His wife Linda was his first mime teacher.
- Was cast as a NYPD officer alongside Rick Aiello in two Spike Lee films: Do The Right Thing (1989) and Jungle Fever (1991).
- Is a favorite of director 'Alex Cox (I)' (qv), who often casts him.
- Recently scored on the TV show as District Attorney Manuel Devalos who hires suburban mom and _"Medium" (2005)_ (qv) 'Patricia Arquette' (qv) to help solve the city's murder cases with her potent psychic powers.
- Played in four movies with 'Samuel L. Jackson' (qv), _Do the Right Thing (1989)_ (qv), _Jungle Fever (1991)_ (qv), _White Sands (1992)_ (qv) and _Jurassic Park (1993)_ (qv).
- Founded an acting company comprised of inmates at the New Mexico State Penitentiary, sometimes training two times a week for one year. The company eventually presented productions of Beckett's "Waiting for Godot" and "Endgame" for the inmate population and general public.