Jul. 23rd, 1980
Rockford, Illinois, USA
Michelle Williams' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
(Tenetria) Michelle Williams was born on July 24, 1980 in Rockford, Illinois. When she was a child she never imagined being in one of the most successful female groups in the country. When she was seventeen, she had a friend who was playing the keyboard for famous R&B star Monica, so of course she told him, like anyother fan would do, to tell the star hi. Weeks later, she received a phone call from that friend telling her there were openings for a background singer, so she went on a flight to Atlanta for auditions and became her background dancer. Then, about 3 years later, she received a call tell her she would be in R&B/popular group Destiny's Child. From then on, she, with the group, won numerous awards including 2 grammys, MTV vma's, and Soul Train Lady of Soul Award and recorded her first album with the group which is titled "Survivor".
- Published "Soul Survivors" a biography of Destiny's Child, with Beyonce and Kelly.
- Member of the singing group 'Destiny's Child' (qv).
- She officially joined Destiny's Child in February 2000.
- Was in Destinys Child for five years.
- Michelle co-wrote "Better Place" which is a tribute to the victims of September 11.
- Briefly attended Illinois State University in Normal, Il.
- Former backup singer for Monica ('Monica Arnold' (qv)).
- (June 13th 2005) She and the other members of "Destiny Child" announced that they will disband after their tour ends in the fall