Sep. 9th, 1980
Kalispell, Montana, USA
Michelle Williams 's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Michelle Ingrid Williams (born September 9, 1980) is an American actress. After starting her career with television guest appearances in the early 1990s, Williams achieved recognition for her role as Jen Lindley on the The WB television teen drama Dawson's Creek, which she played from 1998 to 2003. Williams graduated to full-length features, including Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998), Dick (1999), and Prozac Nation (2001).
Williams was born in Kalispell, Montana, the daughter of Carla Ingrid Willams (née Swenson), a homemaker, and Larry Richard Williams, an author, and stock and commodities trader. He was also a two-time Republican candidate for the United States senate. Williams is of part Norwegian descent. As a child, she kept to herself and was self-sufficient; as she has said, "I was really secretive with my parents and I think I sort of continued that... I found that by keeping to myself I got on OK. I don't know why". When Williams was nine, her family moved to San Diego, California, and she became interested in acting at an early age.
Williams co-starred with James Franco in Walt Disney Pictures's Oz the Great and Powerful, a 3-D prequel released March 8, 2013. She has signed to do a sequel to the film. In July 2013, she became the new face of Louis Vuitton handbags.
Williams began dating Australian actor Heath Ledger, her Brokeback Mountain co-star, in 2004 after meeting on the set of their film. In late April 2005 People first reported that Williams and Ledger were expecting a child together. In 2005, Williams gave birth to their daughter Matilda Rose Ledger.
During Williams and Ledger's time together, they lived together in Brooklyn, New York. By September 2007, the couple amicably ended their three-year relationship. Of the break-up, People quoted her telling Elle magazine, "I didn't know where to go. I couldn't imagine any place in the world that was gonna feel good to me". After Ledger's death from an accidental overdose in January 2008, the usually under-the-radar actress and her daughter became an interest of the media and were often followed by paparazzi. As a result, Williams rarely gave interviews until the end of 2009. On February 1, 2008, in her first public statement after Ledger's death, Williams expressed her heartbreak and described Ledger's spirit as surviving in their daughter, who looks like him. Later that month she attended his memorial and funeral services.
- Collects rare books. Owns a first edition of The Great Gatsby amongst others.
- At 16 won the Robbins Trading Company World Cup Championship of Futures Trading by turning $10,000 into $100,000. It is the second highest profit in the tournaments history.
- Graduated from high school when she was 15.
- Was roommates with 'Christina Ricci' (qv) whilst filming _Prozac Nation (2001)_ (qv) with her.
- Her father, Larry is a former Republican candidate for Montana State Senate.
- Loves reading in her spare time.
- Her father Larry is a Commodities Trader and is divorced from her mother Carla.
- Wrote a script called "Don't Blink" which was sold, but never made.