Sep. 9th, 1980
Kalispell, Montana, USA
Michelle Williams 's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Shutter Island
2009 - Mammoth
2008 - Synecdoche, New York
2005 - The Baxter
2005 - Brokeback Mountain
2004 - Land of Plenty
2003 - The Station Agent
1999 - Dick
1998 - Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
1995 - Species
1995 - Timemaster
1994 - Lassie
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Michelle Ingrid Williams (born September 9, 1980) is an American actress. After starting her career with television guest appearances in the early 1990s, Williams achieved recognition for her role as Jen Lindley on the The WB television teen drama Dawson's Creek, which she played from 1998 to 2003. Williams graduated to full-length features, including Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998), Dick (1999), and Prozac Nation (2001).
Williams was born in Kalispell, Montana, the daughter of Carla Ingrid Willams (nÃ©e Swenson), a homemaker, and Larry Richard Williams, an author, and stock and commodities trader. He was also a two-time Republican candidate for the United States senate. Williams is of part Norwegian descent. As a child, she kept to herself and was self-sufficient; as she has said, "I was really secretive with my parents and I think I sort of continued that... I found that by keeping to myself I got on OK. I don't know why". When Williams was nine, her family moved to San Diego, California, and she became interested in acting at an early age.
Williams co-starred with James Franco in Walt Disney Pictures's Oz the Great and Powerful, a 3-D prequel released March 8, 2013. She has signed to do a sequel to the film. In July 2013, she became the new face of Louis Vuitton handbags.
Williams began dating Australian actor Heath Ledger, her Brokeback Mountain co-star, in 2004 after meeting on the set of their film. In late April 2005 People first reported that Williams and Ledger were expecting a child together. In 2005, Williams gave birth to their daughter Matilda Rose Ledger.
During Williams and Ledger's time together, they lived together in Brooklyn, New York. By September 2007, the couple amicably ended their three-year relationship. Of the break-up, People quoted her telling Elle magazine, "I didn't know where to go. I couldn't imagine any place in the world that was gonna feel good to me". After Ledger's death from an accidental overdose in January 2008, the usually under-the-radar actress and her daughter became an interest of the media and were often followed by paparazzi. As a result, Williams rarely gave interviews until the end of 2009. On February 1, 2008, in her first public statement after Ledger's death, Williams expressed her heartbreak and described Ledger's spirit as surviving in their daughter, who looks like him. Later that month she attended his memorial and funeral services.
- Collects rare books. Owns a first edition of The Great Gatsby amongst others.
- Michelle and her fiancé, 'Heath Ledger' (qv), had a girl, Matilda Rose, on October 28, 2005 in Brooklyn, New York.
- Dated singer/songwriter Andy Herod (of "The Comas") for two years. His latest album "Conductor" is about their relationship and his heartbreak after it ended. Michelle also features in the accompanying short film of the same name.
- The godmother of her daughter, Matilda, is actress, 'Busy Philipps' (qv).
- Attended Santa Fe Christian High School.
- Dated Conor Oberst. Some songs for his band 'Bright Eyes' (qv) are about her.
- Her father, Larry is a former Republican candidate for Montana State Senate.
- Loves reading in her spare time.