Jul. 25th, 1987
Los Angeles, California, USA
Michael Welch's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Boy Meets Girl
2008 - American Son
2008 - Day of the Dead
2008 - Twilight
2007 - An American Crime
2001 - Delivering Milo
1998 - Star Trek: Insurrection
Guest TV Roles
Curly Gammelthorpe (Voiced)
Young Jack O'Neill
14 Year Old 'Guy'
Michael Welch has already made a strong impression on the entertainment world.
Starting at the age of 10, he has worked in every aspect of the business including film, television, voice-over, and stage. Michael is the recipient of two Young Artist Awards, one for his performance at age 10 in Star Trek: Insurrection, his first feature film, and another for his work as Luke Girardi on the television series Joan of Arcadia, which ran for two seasons on CBS.
Welch will star in Unrequited, a psychological thriller, directed by Jason Epperson. Second place winner of The Lot, executive produced by Stephen Speilberg, Epperson has chosen Unrequited for his first feature film and Welch to play the lead role. Shooting is scheduled to begin July 2009 in Kentucky.
Michael has completed 19 films in his 11-year career. He recently completed filming The Twilight Saga: New Moon, the second in the series of best-selling novels by Stephenie Meyer. He plays the popular Mike Newton, and has already received much attention for his role in Twilight both within the industry as well as from many fans. He can be seen in award-winning festival favorites such as My Suicide, An American Crime, United States of Leland, and American Son, and will soon be seen in All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, Lost Dream, and Rough Hustle.
Michael is familiar to television audiences for his many starring roles on Emmy Award-winning shows. He recently starred in an episode of CSI and an arc on The Riches. During the past few years he appeared on CSI: Miami, Numb3rs, Law & Order: SVU, Crossing Jordan, NCIS, Cold Case, and Without a Trace. His earlier years included performances on Stargate SG-1, Judging Amy, The District, Touched by an Angel, Malcolm in the Middle, The X-Files, The Pretender, 7th Heaven, Chicago Hope, and Frasier.
In spite of his busy schedule he finds time for theatre (Speech & Debate-2008), received the 2005 Star Innovative Award for environmental causes and has been active with the charity Kids With a Cause since 1999.
Welch is represented by Curtis Talent Management and Innovative Artists.
- Has worked with two different actors who were born on January 23, 1950: 'Richard Dean Anderson' (qv) in the _"Stargate SG-1" (1997)_ (qv) episode "Fragile Balance" and 'Richard Gilliland' (qv) in the _"Joan of Arcadia" (2003)_ (qv) episodes "Death Be Not Whatever" and "The Devil Made Me Do It".
- The actresses who played his girlfriends, 'Mageina Tovah' (qv) and 'Becky Wahlstrom' (qv), in _"Joan of Arcadia" (2003)_ (qv) were eight and twelve years older than him respectively even though they were all supposed to be much the same age.
- Part of what got him into acting was his flexible ability to accurately emulate other roles and dialects.
- Was writing a one-man show, but this was put on hold for his other projects and probably will never be finished.
- Has a nephew named Paul.
- Has played both an autistic youth in the movie "United States of Leland", and a genius in the series "Joan of Arcadia".
- His favourite TV show is _"Family Guy" (1999)_ (qv).
- Has worked with two actors who appeared in versions of "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers": 'Richard Dean Anderson' (qv) (who he appeared with in the _"Stargate SG-1" (1997)_ (qv) episode "Fragile Balance") played Adam McFadden in _"Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" (1982)_ (qv), 'Russ Tamblyn' (qv) (who he appeared with in the _"Joan of Arcadia" (2003)_ (qv) episodes "Night without Stars", "Do the Math" and "Friday Night") played Gideon Pontipee in _Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954)_ (qv).