Jul. 11th, 1972
Oceanside, New York, USA
Michael Rosenbaum's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - Kickin It Old Skool
2005 - Cursed
2005 - Racing Stripes
2003 - Bringing Down the House
2002 - Poolhall Junkies
2002 - Sorority Boys
2001 - Sweet November
1998 - Urban Legend
1997 - Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
Guest TV Roles
Kid Flash (Voiced)
Triad Boss (Voiced)
Tom Ravenhearst (Voiced)
Sports Announcer (Voiced)
Michael Owen Rosenbaum (born July 11, 1972) is an American film and TV actor, director, producer and writer. He is best known for his performance in Sorority Boys and for portraying Lex Luthor on the Superman television series Smallville, a role that TV Guide included in their 2013 list of The 60 Nastiest Villains of All Time.
Rosenbaum was born in Oceanside, New York, and raised in Newburgh, Indiana. His mother, Julie, is a writer, and his father, Mark Rosenbaum, worked in pharmaceuticals. He has a brother named Eric and a sister named Laurie. He is Jewish, and was "closer to religion" in New York than in Indiana. Rosenbaum graduated from Castle High School in Indiana and from Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green, Kentucky, where he was a member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity, with a degree in theatre arts. Immediately after, he moved to New York City to pursue an acting career.
Rosenbaum is also known for portraying Dutch Nilbog on FOX's Breaking In, and voiceover work in animation, such as his role of the Flash in the DC animated universe.
After many months of speculation and him first turning down the contract to return, it was finally announced on February 11, 2011 that Rosenbaum would return to Smallville for the two-hour series finale, which aired on May 13, 2011 with Rosenbaum reprising his role as Lex Luthor.
- Participated in the Seattle Hockey Challenge in 2005 as he has for a few years. His brother, Eric, also participated this year.
- Has a great affinity for 1980s Soft Rock. Has attended concerts such as 'Foreigner' (qv), 'Hall & Oates' (qv), and 'Olivia Newton-John' (qv).
- Graduated from Castle High school in Newburgh, Indiana.
- Graduated from Castle High school in Newburgh, Indiana. Then went on to graduate with a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Western Kentucky University in 1995.
- Is left-handed.
- Goes back to Indiana every summer to participate in an annual wiffle ball tournament with old high school friends.
- Athletic and outgoing, Rosenbaum is an avid hockey player and golfer. He is also a dedicated New York Rangers fan. In addition, he has a passion for music, and plays both acoustic and electric guitar.
- Resides in Los Angeles.