Jun. 26th, 1950
San Francisco, California, USA
Michael Paul Chan's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Michael Paul Chan (born June 26, 1950) is an American television and film actor. Some of his recent television work includes Judge Lionel Ping on Arrested Development, Robbery Homicide Division, Dr. Lee in the Joel Schumacher directed "Batman & Robin," and Detective Michael Tao on the TNT series The Closer. He had a recurring role in The Wonder Years as Mr. Chong. He also played the role of Dr. Louis Rob in Mrs. Harris and appears in the independent film, Americanese. Recently, he was seen playing the bookie "Andy" on the daytime drama the Young and the Restless.
In 1994, Chan played the character "Roberts" in the episode "The War Prayer" of US TV series Babylon 5.
Chan, a third generation Chinese American, was born in San Francisco, California. He is a founding member of the Asian American Theater Company. He is married with one child.
- He is a founding member of the Asian-American Theatre Company.
- He is a third-generation Chinese-American who was born and raised in San Francisco.
- Part of ensemble cast of _"The Closer" (2005)_ (qv) nominated for best ensemble cast-drama Screen Actors' Guild.
- Michael was trained at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco.
- Frequently works with director 'Michael Mann (I)' (qv).
- He used to be a keyboard player for several bands based out of Northern California.