Jun. 26th, 1950
San Francisco, California, USA
Michael Paul Chan's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2003 - Masked and Anonymous
2001 - Megiddo: The Omega Code 2
2001 - The Glass House
2001 - Spy Game
1999 - The Big Tease
1999 - Molly
1999 - Black & White
1999 - The Insider
1998 - U.S. Marshals
1997 - Batman & Robin
1995 - Batman Forever
1995 - The Immortals
1995 - Galaxis
1994 - Maverick
1993 - Falling Down
1993 - The Joy Luck Club
1993 - Heaven & Earth
1992 - Rapid Fire
1986 - Quicksilver
1985 - The Goonies
1981 - Thief
Guest TV Roles
Judge Lionel Ping
Mr. Larry Chen
Michael Paul Chan (born June 26, 1950) is an American television and film actor. Some of his recent television work includes Judge Lionel Ping on Arrested Development, Robbery Homicide Division, Dr. Lee in the Joel Schumacher directed "Batman & Robin," and Detective Michael Tao on the TNT series The Closer. He had a recurring role in The Wonder Years as Mr. Chong. He also played the role of Dr. Louis Rob in Mrs. Harris and appears in the independent film, Americanese. Recently, he was seen playing the bookie "Andy" on the daytime drama the Young and the Restless.
In 1994, Chan played the character "Roberts" in the episode "The War Prayer" of US TV series Babylon 5.
Chan, a third generation Chinese American, was born in San Francisco, California. He is a founding member of the Asian American Theater Company. He is married with one child.
- Frequently works with director 'Michael Mann (I)' (qv).
- He is a third-generation Chinese-American who was born and raised in San Francisco.
- Michael was trained at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco.
- He is a founding member of the Asian-American Theatre Company.
- Part of ensemble cast of _"The Closer" (2005)_ (qv) nominated for best ensemble cast-drama Screen Actors' Guild.
- He used to be a keyboard player for several bands based out of Northern California.