May. 5th, 1943
Ranmoor, Sheffield, Yorkshire, England, UK
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
- Left the Reform Club in London on September 25 1988 for a journey _"Around the World in 80 Days" (1989/II)_ (qv), accompanied by a BBC TV team.
- He was voted by the public as the best looking Monty Python out of the entire group.
- His father had a rather serious stutter. This came in handy when he played Ken (the stuttering thief) in _A Fish Called Wanda (1988)_ (qv).
- He was awarded the CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire) in the 2000 Queen's Millennium Honors List for his services to television drama and travel documentaries.
- In a quest for a "Peter Jonesy sort of voice", the casting crew for the original radio series, "The Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy" approached Palin to play the part of The Book (he turned the part down). The part was eventually given to the very "Peter Jonesy" 'Peter Jones (I)' (qv).
- He is a graduate of Oxford with a degree in History.
- Children: Thomas (b. 1969), William (b. 1971) and Rachel (b. 1975)
- Attended Brasenose College, Oxford University.