Dec. 31st, 1964
Fullerton, California, USA
6' 3 1/2"
Michael McDonald's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2002 - Austin Powers in Goldmember
2002 - Slackers
1999 - Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
1997 - Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
1995 - Hideaway
1994 - Leprechaun 2
1993 - Full Contact
Guest TV Roles
Michael McDonald was born and raised in Fullerton, Orange County, California. He graduated from USC with a degree in Business and became a loan officer at a bank in Los Angeles. A friend took him to see a sketch comedy/improv show at L.A.'s famous Groundling Theater, and everything changed for him. McDonald quit his job as a banker, enrolled in the Groundling's Improv Program, and became a member of the troupe from 1992 to 1997. His first professional writing and acting jobs came from Concorde Pictures, Roger Corman's infamous low-budget movie studio.
Starting as an extra, McDonald landed small roles in many B-movies of the early 1990s, and he gradually earned bigger roles as well as eventually writing and directing some films. After numerous small roles in various television sitcoms in the mid-1990s, McDonald obtained a starring role on "MADtv" (1995).
- was a kindergarten aide before becoming a comedian
- Was a part of the comedy improv group Groundlings in LA
- Has a cameo in every Austin Powers movie.
- He is the longest-running cast member of _"MADtv" (1995)_ (qv).
- Ran with Patrick Warburton on the same high school cross country team (Servite HS, Anaheim).
Related sites for this celeb