Nov. 10th, 1967
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Michael Jai White's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Michael Jai White (born November 10, 1967) in Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA. He is an actor and writer, known for The Dark Knight (2008), Spawn (1997) and Blood and Bone (2009).
He was previously married to Courtenay Chatman.
- He did stunt work in 'Steven Seagal' (qv)'s _On Deadly Ground (1994)_ (qv).
- Began his martial arts training at age eight.
- Taught emotionally disturbed children for three years
- Trained often with 'Jean-Claude Van Damme' (qv).
- Appeared in the trailer for _Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003)_ (qv) and _Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (2004)_ (qv) when both were still due to be released as one movie. He does not appear in either Volume 1 or 2 of the theatrical version, he appear in the deleted scene in the movies.
- Blackbelts in 7 Karate styles, 26 titles including U.S. Open, North American Open, and New England Grand Champion. Studied acting at H.B. Studio, Yale University and Brown University. Performed Off-Broadway in "Raisin in the Sun" and "To Kill a Mockingbird"
- Holds black belts in following martial arts: Shotokan Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Okinawan Kobudo, Goju Ryu, Tang Soo Do, Wushu and Kyokushin Karate.
- Karate Instructor of TV/Film Actor, 'Todo Segalla' (qv), at Top Ten Karate Studio, New Haven, Connecticut.