Jun. 9th, 1961
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Himself - Guest
Dr. Kevin Casey
Michael J. Fox, (born Michael Andrew Fox; June 9, 1961) is a Canadian American actor, author, producer, activist and voice-over artist. With a film and television career spanning from the late 1970s, Fox's roles have included Marty McFly from the Back to the Future trilogy (1985–1990); Alex P. Keaton from Family Ties (1982–1989) for which he won three Emmy Awards and a Golden Globe Award; Mike Flaherty from Spin City (1996–2000), for which he won an Emmy, three Golden Globes, and two Screen Actors Guild Awards; and Private Max Eriksson in the Brian DePalma film Casualties of War. Fox's middle initial "J" does not stand for anything. His birth name is Michael Andrew Fox but when he registered for the Screen Actors Guild, the name "Michael Fox" was already taken. Fox said he did not want to register "Michael A. Fox" because it presented a play on words, and that he was paying homage to actor Michael J. Pollard. Born Michael Andrew Fox in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Moving several times during the course of his childhood, Michael and his family settled in Burnaby, a suburb of Vancouver. At the age of 15 he made his professional acting debut in the situation comedy Leo and Me (1981). Moving to Los Angeles at the age of 18, Fox appeared in several small parts and a television series, Palmerstown, U.S.A. (1980), before landing the role that would bring him to prominence in Family Ties (1982). Some of his other films include Bright Lights, Big City (1988), The Hard Way (1991), Light of Day (1987), Doc Hollywood (1991) and the three Back to the Future films.
- (1987) Owned a black Ferrari Mondial coupe.
- Received his first guitar for christmas when he was 8. He taught himself how to play.
- Longtime friend of 'Denis Leary' (qv). They both share a love of hockey.
- Was not the first choice to play Alex P. Keaton on _"Family Ties" (1982)_ (qv). He was only chosen after 'Matthew Broderick (I)' (qv), who was originally considered for the role, refused to have a long-term TV obligation.
- Shares a birthday with 'Johnny Depp' (qv) and 'Natalie Portman' (qv).
- Had a relationship with 'Claudia Wells (I)' (qv), his girlfriend in _Back to the Future (1985)_.
- Due to his suffering from Parkinson's Disease, during his run on _"Spin City" (1996)_ (qv), he often hid his left hand in his pocket.
- Adopted the "J." as an homage to character actor 'Michael J. Pollard' (qv).