Mar. 5th, 1966
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, USA
Michael Irvin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - The Comebacks
2005 - The Longest Yard
2004 - The Year of the Yao
1996 - Jerry Maguire
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Dallas Cowboys Wide Receiver
Himself - Contestant
Coach Shawn Martin
Himself - Former NFL Wide Receiver
Michael Jerome Irvin (born March 5, 1966) is a former American football player for the Dallas Cowboys, and an actor. He is also a former broadcaster for ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown and currently an analyst for NFL Network. Irvin was self-nicknamed "The Playmaker" due to his penchant for making big plays in big games during his college career. He played college football at the University of Miami. In 2007, he was selected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Irvin is also known as one of "The Triplets" along with 'Troy Aikman' and 'Emmitt Smith'. The Triplets highlighted the Dallas Cowboys' offense in the 1990s that won three Super Bowls.
He competed in season 9 of Dancing with the Stars. Irvin was the 9th contestant to be eliminated.
The 15th of 17 siblings, Irvin was born in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He first attended Piper High School then went on to become a football star at St. Thomas Aquinas High School and was heavily recruited by the University of Miami, one of the top collegiate football programs in the nation.
Michael Irvin married Sandy Harrell in June 1990; they have three children. He also has a daughter, Myesha Beyonca, by former girlfriend Felicia Walker. His niece, Sandora Irvin, was a standout basketball player at Texas Christian University. On April 16, 2005, Sandora was selected by the Phoenix Mercury of the WNBA in their annual draft.
- Inducted, along with 'Bruce Matthews (II)' (qv) and 'Thurman Thomas' (qv), into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on August 4, 2007 at Canton, Ohio.
- He suffered a neck injury in the 1999 NFL season which forced an early retirement from football.
- Has a daughter, Myesha Beyonca, by former girlfriend, Felicia Walker.
- He was arrested on charges of cocaine possession in March of 1996. He plead no contest and was found guilty and sentenced to community service and probation. The NFL suspended him for the first five games of the 1996 season.
- Wide receiver with the Dallas Cowboys, 1988-1999.
- Was selected to play in five Pro Bowls and won 3 Super Bowls as a wide receiver of the Dallas Cowboys.
- Drafted 11th overall by the Dallas Cowboys in the first round of the 1988 NFL Draft out of the University of Miami(FL).
- One of 17 children.