Sep. 7th, 1954
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA
Michael Emerson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - 29th and Gay
2005 - The Legend of Zorro
2004 - Saw
2002 - Unfaithful
1999 - For Love of the Game
1998 - The Impostors
1998 - Playing by Heart
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Nanite Alpha (Voiced)
Man in Bar
Michael Emerson (born September 7, 1954) is an American actor best known for his role as Benjamin Linus on Lost.
- Emerson graduated from South Tama County High School in Tama, Iowa.
- Is a stage actor who makes occasional films.
- Graduate of Drake University, where he earned a degree in Theater Arts.
- Worked as a freelance illustrator for publications like The Boston Globe and The New York Times.
- On _"Lost" (2004)_ (qv), he played Ben Linus, the son of Roger Linus, played by 'Jon Gries' (qv), who is actually 3 years the junior of Emerson. The age difference is explicable because Roger is first seen in flashbacks to Ben's birth and childhood. Ben's mother was played by 'Carrie Preston (I)' (qv), who in addition to being (like Gries) about the same age as Emerson, is also his real-life wife.
- In 1995, he graduated from the prestigious Professional Actor Training M. F. A. program run jointly by the Alabama Shakespeare Festival and The University of Alabama Department of Theater and Dance.