Mar. 7th, 1942
Mount Kisco, New York, USA
Michael Eisner's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - The Pixar Story
2005 - Sketches of Frank Gehry
Guest TV Roles[Complete List]
[no bio found]
- After receiving an unprecedented rebuke from shareholders in 2004 with 43% of shares being withheld for his re-election, he stepped down as the Chairman of the Board, and continued to hold the position of CEO.
- Son, Joe Eisner, currently attending UC Berkeley.
- President and COO of Paramount Pictures (1976-84).
- As a top programming executive at ABC in the 1970s, he was instrumental in taking the network from its usual third place to the top through programming like _"Happy Days" (1974)_ (qv).
- CEO and Chairman of the Board of Walt Disney Co. (1984-2005).
- When 'Barry Diller' (qv) brough Eisner to Paramount in 1976, the company was firmly in sixth place (out of six) in the movie industry, without a single release in the box-office top ten. Two years later, half of the top box-office were Paramount productions, and Paramount was the top movie studio.
- Worked his way up from an mid-level manager to the VP of Prime Time Production at ABC (1966-1976).
- Graduate of Denison University in Granville, Ohio.
Related sites for this celeb