54 (passed away Sep. 3rd, 2012)
Dec. 10th, 1957
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Michael Clarke Duncan's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore
2009 - The Slammin' Salmon
2009 - Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li
2008 - Delgo
2008 - Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins
2008 - American Crude
2008 - Kung Fu Panda
2007 - The Last Mimzy
2007 - Slipstream
2006 - Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
2006 - School for Scoundrels
2005 - The Island
2005 - Sin City
2005 - Racing Stripes
2004 - Pursued
2004 - George and the Dragon
2004 - D.E.B.S.
2003 - Brother Bear
2003 - Daredevil
2002 - The Scorpion King
2001 - See Spot Run
2001 - Cats & Dogs
2001 - Planet of the Apes
2000 - The Whole Nine Yards
1999 - The Underground Comedy Movie
1999 - Breakfast of Champions
1999 - The Green Mile
1998 - The Players Club
1998 - Armageddon
1998 - Bulworth
1998 - A Night at the Roxbury
1995 - Friday
Guest TV Roles
Boy on Mushrooms (Voiced)
Commander Baker (Voiced)
Raised by his single mother on Chicago's South Side, Michael grew up resisting drugs and alcohol, instead concentrating on school. He wanted to play football in high school, but his mother wouldn't let him, fearing he would get hurt. He then turned to acting, dreaming of becoming a famous actor. After graduating from high school and attending community college, he worked digging ditches at Peoples Gas Company in Chicago. When he quit his job and headed to Hollywood, he landed small roles while working as a bodyguard. Michael's role in the movie Armageddon (1998/I) led to his breakthrough performance in The Green Mile (1999), when his Armageddon co-star Bruce Willis called director Frank Darabont, suggesting Michael for the part of convict John Coffey. He landed the role, receiving critical acclaim for his performance.
- For his role as the criminal mastermind behemoth Kingpin in _Daredevil (2003)_ (qv), Clarke put on 40 lbs. to his already largely built physique.
- Is a blue belt in Brazilian JuJutsu.
- Attended Alcorn State University in Mississippi, but dropped out to support his family when his mother became ill. Has an older sister, Judith. Worked as a security guard for a theatre troupe.
- Has one chinchilla, "Chucky".
- Did bodyguard work for 'Will Smith (I)' (qv), 'Martin Lawrence (I)' (qv), 'Jamie Foxx' (qv), 'LL Cool J' (qv), and 'The Notorious B.I.G.' (qv); he let a friend take over for him the night Notorious B.I.G. got shot, which prompted him to quit that line of work.
- His Daredevil character, Wilson Fisk/Kingpin, first appeared as an enemy of Spiderman until 'Frank Miller (II)' (qv) made him a major enemy of Daredevil. Duncan has played him opposite both characters, and as both a white man in the animated series _"Spider-Man" (2003)_ (qv) and a black man in _Daredevil (2003)_ (qv).
- Has appeared in 4 films with 'Bruce Willis' (qv) _Armageddon (1998/I)_ (qv), _Breakfast of Champions (1999)_ (qv), _The Whole Nine Yards (2000)_ (qv) and _Sin City (2005)_ (qv).
- While filming _The Scorpion King (2002)_ (qv), was accidentally hit by 'Dwayne Johnson (I)' (qv) during a fight sequence. He leaned in too far for a hit, and his chin connected with The Rock's elbow.