54 (passed away Sep. 3rd, 2012)
Dec. 10th, 1957
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Guest TV Roles
Boy on Mushrooms (Voiced)
Commander Baker (Voiced)
Himself - Guest
Raised by his single mother on Chicago's South Side, Michael grew up resisting drugs and alcohol, instead concentrating on school. He wanted to play football in high school, but his mother wouldn't let him, fearing he would get hurt. He then turned to acting, dreaming of becoming a famous actor. After graduating from high school and attending community college, he worked digging ditches at Peoples Gas Company in Chicago. When he quit his job and headed to Hollywood, he landed small roles while working as a bodyguard. Michael's role in the movie Armageddon (1998/I) led to his breakthrough performance in The Green Mile (1999), when his Armageddon co-star Bruce Willis called director Frank Darabont, suggesting Michael for the part of convict John Coffey. He landed the role, receiving critical acclaim for his performance.
- Has appeared in 4 films with 'Bruce Willis' (qv) _Armageddon (1998/I)_ (qv), _Breakfast of Champions (1999)_ (qv), _The Whole Nine Yards (2000)_ (qv) and _Sin City (2005)_ (qv).
- His Daredevil character, Wilson Fisk/Kingpin, first appeared as an enemy of Spiderman until 'Frank Miller (II)' (qv) made him a major enemy of Daredevil. Duncan has played him opposite both characters, and as both a white man in the animated series _"Spider-Man" (2003)_ (qv) and a black man in _Daredevil (2003)_ (qv).
- Ran onto the field and slid into third base during the Disco Demolition Night fiasco at Comiskey Park on July 12, 1979.
- Has five cats.
- Considered becoming a police officer with the LAPD, which was revealed during an interview on _"Live with Regis and Kathie Lee" (1989)_ (qv).
- While filming _The Scorpion King (2002)_ (qv), was accidentally hit by 'Dwayne Johnson (I)' (qv) during a fight sequence. He leaned in too far for a hit, and his chin connected with The Rock's elbow.
- Narrates the 2005 Major League Baseball World Series Film, featuring the 2005 World Champion Chicago White Sox.
- Attended Alcorn State University in Mississippi, but dropped out to support his family when his mother became ill. Has an older sister, Judith. Worked as a security guard for a theatre troupe.