Aug. 30th, 1963
Lowell, Massachusetts, USA
Michael Chiklis' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - When the Game Stands Tall
2010 - High School
2008 - Eagle Eye
2007 - Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
2005 - Fantastic Four
1999 - Do Not Disturb
1995 - Nixon
Guest TV Roles
Detective Vic Mackey (Voiced)
NYPD Det. Jeffrey Whitehead
Himself - Panelist
Michael Chiklis was educated at Boston University's School for the Arts, majoring in acting, before moving to New York City. Chiklis has numerous theater credits including the roles of Stanley in A Streetcar Named Desire and Touchstone in Shakespeare's As You Like It.
- Chosen over 200 other candidates for the role of 'John Belushi' (qv) in the fantasy biopic _Wired (1989)_ (qv).
- He does charity work pertaining to autism, as Vic's son on _"The Shield" (2002)_ (qv) suffers from the condition.
- His worst job was "unloading 18 wheel trucks for 12 hours a day".
- Always knew he wanted to be an actor even when advised against it by his parents who still supported him when he chose to act.
- He is 3/4 Greek and 1/4 Irish and English.
- Moved to New York City the day of his graduation to pursue his career.
- Is the only actor from _Fantastic Four (2005)_ (qv) that is actually a fan of the comic book series.
- The _Fantastic Four (2005)_ (qv) co-star is a lifelong comic book fan, and rarely turns down an autograph request from children.