Aug. 30th, 1963
Lowell, Massachusetts, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Michael Chiklis' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - High School
2008 - Eagle Eye
2007 - Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
2005 - Fantastic Four
1999 - Do Not Disturb
1995 - Nixon
Guest TV Roles
Detective Vic Mackey (Voiced)
NYPD Det. Jeffrey Whitehead
Himself - Panelist
Educated at Boston University's School for the Arts, majoring in acting, before moving to New York City. Michael has numerous theater credits including the roles of Stanley in A Streetcar Named Desire and Touchstone in Shakespeare's As You Like It.
- He is very proud of his Greek heritage and encourages his daughters to learn about Greece.
- Is a huge fan of the New England Patriots, Boston Bruins and Boston Red Sox.
- Has a brother called Peter.
- His father owns a beauty salon.
- He does charity work pertaining to autism, as Vic's son on _"The Shield" (2002)_ (qv) suffers from the condition.
- Daughter, 'Autumn Chiklis' (qv) , was born on October 9, 1993.
- Moved to New York City the day of his graduation to pursue his career.
- After his show _"Daddio" (2000)_ (qv) went off the air, his wife suggested that Chiklis slim his weight down and change his self image with a different look and a totally different acting part, even if they have to create one themselves for him. He then shaved his head, lost more than 40 pounds, worked out vigorously and the two of them started to write a "rogue cop" movie role for him. Chiklis eventually read _"The Shield" (2002)_ (qv)'s pilot script (originally called "Rampart"), which was similar to his "rogue cop" movie script, and aggressively pursued the part of Vic Mackey until he got it. When he read for the the part, he channeled "anger" by being furious at the prospect of not getting it.