Aug. 30th, 1963
Lowell, Massachusetts, USA
Michael Chiklis' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - When the Game Stands Tall
2010 - High School
2008 - Eagle Eye
2007 - Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
2005 - Fantastic Four
1999 - Do Not Disturb
1995 - Nixon
Guest TV Roles
Detective Vic Mackey (Voiced)
NYPD Det. Jeffrey Whitehead
Himself - Panelist
Michael Chiklis was educated at Boston University's School for the Arts, majoring in acting, before moving to New York City. Chiklis has numerous theater credits including the roles of Stanley in A Streetcar Named Desire and Touchstone in Shakespeare's As You Like It.
- As a kid, Michael was fiercely competitive in sports as he excelled in baseball, football, swimming, hockey and karate.
- Chosen over 200 other candidates for the role of 'John Belushi' (qv) in the fantasy biopic _Wired (1989)_ (qv).
- He does charity work pertaining to autism, as Vic's son on _"The Shield" (2002)_ (qv) suffers from the condition.
- Shares a birthday with baseball legend, Ted Williams
- After his show _"Daddio" (2000)_ (qv) went off the air, his wife suggested that Chiklis slim his weight down and change his self image with a different look and a totally different acting part, even if they have to create one themselves for him. He then shaved his head, lost more than 40 pounds, worked out vigorously and the two of them started to write a "rogue cop" movie role for him. Chiklis eventually read _"The Shield" (2002)_ (qv)'s pilot script (originally called "Rampart"), which was similar to his "rogue cop" movie script, and aggressively pursued the part of Vic Mackey until he got it. When he read for the the part, he channeled "anger" by being furious at the prospect of not getting it.
- Growing up, he liked the heroic comic book character Ben Grimm, aka The Thing of the Fantastic Four. In fact, at the age of 18, he told his brother that if a Fanatastic Four movie was ever made, he would play Ben Grimm. He lived his fantasy and got to play what he called "my dream role" in 2005 when he played the character in _Fantastic Four (2005)_ (qv).
- The _Fantastic Four (2005)_ (qv) co-star is a lifelong comic book fan, and rarely turns down an autograph request from children.
- His worst job was "unloading 18 wheel trucks for 12 hours a day".