Aug. 30th, 1963
Lowell, Massachusetts, USA
Michael Chiklis' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Michael Charles Chiklis (born August 30, 1963) is an American actor, director, and television producer. Some of the roles for which he is best known; for include Commissioner Tony Scali on the ABC police drama The Commish, LAPD Detective Vic Mackey on the FX police drama The Shield, The Thing in the Fantastic Four film series, and Jim Powell on the ABC science-fiction comedy-drama No Ordinary Family. He also co-starred as Vincent Savino in the CBS crime drama Vegas. In 2014 Chiklis joined the cast of American Horror Story for its fourth season, American Horror Story: Freak Show.
Born in Lowell, Massachusetts.
Chiklis was educated at Boston University's School for the Arts, majoring in acting, before moving to New York City. Chiklis has numerous theater credits including the roles of Stanley in A Streetcar Named Desire and Touchstone in Shakespeare's As You Like It.
- He does charity work pertaining to autism, as Vic's son on _"The Shield" (2002)_ (qv) suffers from the condition.
- His father owns a beauty salon.
- Moved to New York City the day of his graduation to pursue his career.
- He loves classic rock.
- Is a huge fan of the New England Patriots, Boston Bruins and Boston Red Sox.
- Shares a birthday with baseball legend, Ted Williams
- Is the only actor from _Fantastic Four (2005)_ (qv) that is actually a fan of the comic book series.
- As a kid, Michael was fiercely competitive in sports as he excelled in baseball, football, swimming, hockey and karate.