Aug. 30th, 1963
Lowell, Massachusetts, USA
Michael Chiklis' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Michael Charles Chiklis (born August 30, 1963) is an American actor, director, and television producer. Some of the roles for which he is best known; for include Commissioner Tony Scali on the ABC police drama The Commish, LAPD Detective Vic Mackey on the FX police drama The Shield, The Thing in the Fantastic Four film series, and Jim Powell on the ABC science-fiction comedy-drama No Ordinary Family. He also co-starred as Vincent Savino in the CBS crime drama Vegas. In 2014 Chiklis joined the cast of American Horror Story for its fourth season, American Horror Story: Freak Show.
Born in Lowell, Massachusetts.
Chiklis was educated at Boston University's School for the Arts, majoring in acting, before moving to New York City. Chiklis has numerous theater credits including the roles of Stanley in A Streetcar Named Desire and Touchstone in Shakespeare's As You Like It.
- His real daughter, 'Autumn Chiklis' (qv), plays his character, Vic Mackey's, daughter Cassidy on _"The Shield" (2002)_ (qv) He has said that his daughter is not to witness any violence on the show and is to be kept apart from all scenes except for the scenes she is in.
- Has a brother called Peter.
- Is the only actor from _Fantastic Four (2005)_ (qv) that is actually a fan of the comic book series.
- The _Fantastic Four (2005)_ (qv) co-star is a lifelong comic book fan, and rarely turns down an autograph request from children.
- Daughter, Odessa, was born in 1999.
- He loves classic rock.
- Shares a birthday with baseball legend, Ted Williams
- Chosen over 200 other candidates for the role of 'John Belushi' (qv) in the fantasy biopic _Wired (1989)_ (qv).