Jul. 31st, 1956
Anniston, Alabama, USA
Michael Biehn's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Michael Biehn was born on July 31, 1956 in Anniston, Alabama, grew up in Lincoln, Nebraska, and at age 14 moved with his family to Lake Havasu, Arizona, where he won a drama scholarship to the University of Arizona. He left prematurely two years later to pursue an acting career in Hollywood. His first big role was as a psychotic fan stalking Lauren Bacall in The Fan (1981) and later appeared in The Lords of Discipline (1983). He hit the big-time when he was cast as Kyle Reese, the man sent back through time to stop Arnold Schwarzenegger in James Cameron (I)'s The Terminator (1984). This established a good working relationship with Cameron, a relationship that should have catapulted Biehn to international stardom. He starred in Cameron's subsequent films, Aliens (1986) and The Abyss (1989), the latter a standout performance as unstable Navy SEAL officer Lt. Coffey. In the 1990s he starred in films like Navy Seals (1990), K2 (1991) and was particularly memorable as Johnny Ringo in Tombstone (1993). Biehn is married and the father of four sons.
- He almost didn't get the role of Kyle Reese in _The Terminator (1984)_ (qv) because at his first audition he spoke in a Southern accent. He had just come another audition for a stage production of "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof" and had not been able to shake the accent, and the producers didn't want the character of Reese to seem regionalized. After calling and talking with Biehn's agent, they gave him another audition and he got the part.
- Has appeared in 5 films with 'Bill Paxton' (qv): _The Lords of Discipline (1983)_ (qv), _The Terminator (1984)_ (qv), _Aliens (1986)_ (qv), _Navy Seals (1990)_ (qv), and _Tombstone (1993)_ (qv).
- Said that he didn't get to interact with 'Arnold Schwarzenegger' (qv) very much while filming the original _The Terminator (1984)_ (qv). Ironically, fans often ask him what it was like to work with Arnold.
- Children with 'Carlene Olson' (qv): twins, Devon and Taylor, born 1984.
- Replaced actor 'James Remar' (qv) as Corporal Dwayne Hicks in _Aliens (1986)_ (qv).
- Was considered for a role in 'James Cameron (I)' (qv)'s _Avatar (2009)_ (qv) but the role went to 'Stephen Lang (I)' (qv).
- His top 5 actors are: 1.'Sean Penn (I)' (qv) 2. 'Denzel Washington' (qv) 3. 'Johnny Depp' (qv) 4. 'Jeff Bridges (I)' (qv) 5. 'Ed Harris (I)' (qv).
- Has played a soldier 10 times in films.