Jul. 31st, 1956
Anniston, Alabama, USA
Michael Biehn's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Michael Biehn was born on July 31, 1956 in Anniston, Alabama, grew up in Lincoln, Nebraska, and at age 14 moved with his family to Lake Havasu, Arizona, where he won a drama scholarship to the University of Arizona. He left prematurely two years later to pursue an acting career in Hollywood. His first big role was as a psychotic fan stalking Lauren Bacall in The Fan (1981) and later appeared in The Lords of Discipline (1983). He hit the big-time when he was cast as Kyle Reese, the man sent back through time to stop Arnold Schwarzenegger in James Cameron (I)'s The Terminator (1984). This established a good working relationship with Cameron, a relationship that should have catapulted Biehn to international stardom. He starred in Cameron's subsequent films, Aliens (1986) and The Abyss (1989), the latter a standout performance as unstable Navy SEAL officer Lt. Coffey. In the 1990s he starred in films like Navy Seals (1990), K2 (1991) and was particularly memorable as Johnny Ringo in Tombstone (1993). Biehn is married and the father of four sons.
- Cites not being asked to reprise his role as Corporal Dwayne Hicks for _Alien│ (1992)_ (qv) as one of the biggest disappointments of his career.
- In 'James Cameron (I)' (qv)'s _The Terminator (1984)_ (qv), he gets bitten on the hand by another character. He has suffered the same on-screen injury in every 'James Cameron (I)' (qv) film he's been in: in _The Terminator (1984)_ (qv) he is bitten by Sarah Connor ('Linda Hamilton (I)' (qv)) in _Aliens (1986)_ (qv) it's Rebecca "Newt" Jorden ('Carrie Henn' (qv)), and in _The Abyss (1989)_ (qv) Virgil "Bud" Brigman ('Ed Harris (I)' (qv)) does the honors.
- Has stated in interviews that his favorite roles were Johnny Ringo and Kyle Reese.
- Has to turn down the role of McManus in _The Usual Suspects (1995)_ (qv) as he was already contracted to 'William Friedkin (I)' (qv)'s _Jade (1995)_ (qv).
- Partner is actress 'Jennifer Blanc' (qv).
- Has played a Navy SEAL 3 times: _The Abyss (1989)_ (qv), _Navy Seals (1990)_ (qv), and _The Rock (1996)_ (qv).
- Attended the University of Arizona on a drama scholarship. He left school two years early to pursue his career in Hollywood.
- Has been in two movies with 'Ed Harris (I)' (qv), in both of which he played a Navy SEAL: _The Abyss (1989)_ (qv) and _The Rock (1996)_ (qv).