Jul. 31st, 1956
Anniston, Alabama, USA
Michael Biehn's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Michael Biehn was born on July 31, 1956 in Anniston, Alabama, grew up in Lincoln, Nebraska, and at age 14 moved with his family to Lake Havasu, Arizona, where he won a drama scholarship to the University of Arizona. He left prematurely two years later to pursue an acting career in Hollywood. His first big role was as a psychotic fan stalking Lauren Bacall in The Fan (1981) and later appeared in The Lords of Discipline (1983). He hit the big-time when he was cast as Kyle Reese, the man sent back through time to stop Arnold Schwarzenegger in James Cameron (I)'s The Terminator (1984). This established a good working relationship with Cameron, a relationship that should have catapulted Biehn to international stardom. He starred in Cameron's subsequent films, Aliens (1986) and The Abyss (1989), the latter a standout performance as unstable Navy SEAL officer Lt. Coffey. In the 1990s he starred in films like Navy Seals (1990), K2 (1991) and was particularly memorable as Johnny Ringo in Tombstone (1993). Biehn is married and the father of four sons.
- Was cast as Peter Parker/Spiderman in 'James Cameron (I)' (qv)'s abandoned _Spider-Man (2002)_ (qv) in 1994. The film was deemed too technically challenging at the time, and Cameron opted to make _True Lies (1994)_ (qv) instead. Ultimately, the film was produced by 'Sam Raimi' (qv) with 'Tobey Maguire' (qv) as Peter Parker/Spider-Man.
- Is friends with 'Brian Austin Green' (qv) and 'Megan Fox (I)' (qv).
- Was considered for the role of Caledon Hockley in _Titanic (1997)_ (qv) and even met with 'James Cameron (I)' (qv) for the part, but ultimately the role went to 'Billy Zane' (qv). Biehn and Zane appeared together in _Tombstone (1993)_ (qv) and _Susan's Plan (1998)_ (qv).
- For his role on _Tombstone (1993)_ (qv), he was trained by renowned Hollywood Gun Coach 'Thell Reed' (qv), who has also trained such actors as: 'Kurt Russell (I)' (qv), 'Val Kilmer' (qv), 'Bill Paxton' (qv), 'Sam Elliot' (qv), 'Russell Crowe' (qv), 'Brad Pitt' (qv), 'Girard Swan' (qv) and 'Leonardo DiCaprio' (qv).
- Of all the films he's done, his favorite is _Tombstone (1993)_ (qv).
- The studio pushed hard for an Academy Award nomination for Biehn as best supporting actor in _The Abyss (1989)_ (qv) - an award he ultimately didn't win or even got nominated for.
- Loves basketball.
- Children with Marsh: Caelan Michael (b. 1992) and Alexander (b. 19 March 2003).