Jul. 31st, 1956
Anniston, Alabama, USA
Michael Biehn's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Michael Biehn was born on July 31, 1956 in Anniston, Alabama, grew up in Lincoln, Nebraska, and at age 14 moved with his family to Lake Havasu, Arizona, where he won a drama scholarship to the University of Arizona. He left prematurely two years later to pursue an acting career in Hollywood. His first big role was as a psychotic fan stalking Lauren Bacall in The Fan (1981) and later appeared in The Lords of Discipline (1983). He hit the big-time when he was cast as Kyle Reese, the man sent back through time to stop Arnold Schwarzenegger in James Cameron (I)'s The Terminator (1984). This established a good working relationship with Cameron, a relationship that should have catapulted Biehn to international stardom. He starred in Cameron's subsequent films, Aliens (1986) and The Abyss (1989), the latter a standout performance as unstable Navy SEAL officer Lt. Coffey. In the 1990s he starred in films like Navy Seals (1990), K2 (1991) and was particularly memorable as Johnny Ringo in Tombstone (1993). Biehn is married and the father of four sons.
- 'James Cameron (I)' (qv) considered using him as the T-1000 in _Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)_ (qv), which would have been a reversal of the roles Biehn previously had with 'Arnold Schwarzenegger' (qv) in the original. Eventually, however, Cameron decided against the idea on the basis that it would have been too confusing for the audience.
- Frequently works with 'James Cameron (I)' (qv).
- Played basketball in high school and is shown playing basketball in three of his films: _Coach (1978)_ (qv), _Grease (1978)_ (qv), and _The Art of War (2000)_ (qv).
- Has appeared in 5 films with 'Bill Paxton' (qv): _The Lords of Discipline (1983)_ (qv), _The Terminator (1984)_ (qv), _Aliens (1986)_ (qv), _Navy Seals (1990)_ (qv), and _Tombstone (1993)_ (qv).
- Was cast as Peter Parker/Spiderman in 'James Cameron (I)' (qv)'s abandoned _Spider-Man (2002)_ (qv) in 1994. The film was deemed too technically challenging at the time, and Cameron opted to make _True Lies (1994)_ (qv) instead. Ultimately, the film was produced by 'Sam Raimi' (qv) with 'Tobey Maguire' (qv) as Peter Parker/Spider-Man.
- Surname pronounced "Bean". Or, as in bein'.
- Children with 'Carlene Olson' (qv): twins, Devon and Taylor, born 1984.
- Of all the films he's done, his favorite is _Tombstone (1993)_ (qv).