Oct. 30th, 1963
Roxbury, Massachusetts, USA
Michael Beach's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - First Sunday
2008 - Hell Ride
1999 - Made Men
1997 - Soul Food
1995 - White Man's Burden
1995 - Waiting to Exhale
1993 - True Romance
1993 - Short Cuts
1992 - One False Move
1990 - Internal Affairs
1990 - Cadence
1989 - The Abyss
1989 - Lean On Me
1987 - Suspect
1986 - Streets of Gold
Guest TV Roles
Det. Desmond Beck
Colonel Abe Ellis
Michael Anthony Beach (born October 30, 1963) is an American actor.
Biography Beach was born in Roxbury, Massachusetts, of Cape Verdean descent. He attended the prestigious Noble & Greenough School in Dedham, Massachusetts on scholarship from ABC (A Better Chance). He was introduced to acting when he was sidelined by a lacrosse injury during high school by a classmate. After high school he went on to graduate from New York City's Juilliard School, and performed in many off-Broadway and regional theater plays before starring in Los Angeles theater productions of Ascension Day and Much Ado About Nothing, and eventually breaking into film and television.
Career He is perhaps best known for portraying FDNY paramedic Monte 'Doc' Parker on the NBC drama Third Watch, and for his recurring role as Al Boulet, the ex-husband of physician assistant Jeanie Boulet on the NBC medical drama ER. More recently, he has been known for his recurring role as Colonel Ellis in Stargate Atlantis.
A divorced father of four, Beach resides in Los Angeles with his wife, actress Elisha Wilson-Beach.
- He initially auditioned to play Dr. Peter Benton in ER, a role won by old friend and Juilliard classmate, Eriq La Salle.
- A star running back, Beach's athletic skills led him to play football for Noble and Greenough School on scholarship. He had dreams of turning professional, but an injury permanently sidelined his hopes.
- At Julliard in 1984, he earned the Drama Award for Outstanding Achievement and two years later won the New York Shakespeare Festival Award.
- Attended the Noble and Greenough School
- Is of of Cape Verdean descent.
- (2008) Has 4 children - 3 girls named, Tyler 17, Alex 16 and Quincey 10. His son's name is Roarke and he is 21.
- He was raised with his three siblings by his divorced mother, Barbara Gomez Beach, an MIT-educated city planner.
- He was a candidate for the role of surgeon Dr. Benton in _"ER" (1994)_ (qv). When 'Eriq La Salle (I)' (qv) was cast instead, Beach played the recurring role of Al Boulet.
Related sites for this celeb