Sep. 14th, 1960
New York City, New York, USA
Melissa Leo's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Melissa Chessington Leo (born September 14, 1960) is an American actress.
- Mother is Peggy Leo, a teacher, and father, Arnold Leo, is an editor and fisherman.
- Has a son with former boyfriend 'John Heard' (qv) named John Matthew Heard (born 1987).
- Melissa studied at State University of New York, Purchase but did not graduate.
- Was the runner-up for the 2004 Los Angeles Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in _21 Grams (2003)_ (qv).
- Beat 'Julia Roberts (I)' (qv) for the role of Linda Warner on the soap opera _"All My Children" (1970)_ (qv).
- Attended the State University of New York, Purchase (SUNY Purchase). Other alumni include actors 'Parker Posey' (qv), 'Wesley Snipes' (qv), 'Stanley Tucci (I)' (qv), 'Sherry Stringfield' (qv), 'Adam Trese' (qv), 'Edie Falco' (qv), 'Seth Gilliam' (qv), 'Dwight Ewell' (qv), and 'Steven Weber (I)' (qv); producers 'Bob Gosse' (qv) and 'Todd Baker (I)' (qv); and directors 'Danny Leiner' (qv), 'Nick Gomez (I)' (qv), and 'Hal Hartley' (qv).
- Won the 2008 Utah Film Critics Association Award for Best Lead Performance by an Actress for her work in _Frozen River (2008)_ (qv).
- In March 1997, ex-boyfriend 'John Heard' (qv) was charged with harassing Melissa via telephone misuse and trespassing.