May. 8th, 1964
Los Angeles, California, USA
Melissa Gilbert's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1967 - The Reluctant Astronaut
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Contestant
Rosemary 'Rocky' Simpson
Best known for her work as the child actress who played Laura Ingalls Wilder in the TV series "Little House on the Prairie", Ms. Gilbert was the youngest actor to ever be awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. She has since continued working in both film and television.
- Both her ex-spouse ('Bo Brinkman' (qv)) and current spouse ('Bruce Boxleitner' (qv)) played Confederate officers in _Gods and Generals (2003)_ (qv).
- 'Michael Landon Jr.' (qv) took her to her senior prom in 1981.
- Best known by the public for her role as Laura Ingalls Wilder on _"Little House on the Prairie" (1974)_ (qv).
- Had a highly publicized relationship with 'Rob Lowe (I)' (qv) during the eighties and were supposedly engaged.
- Has a combined family with her husband, 'Bruce Boxleitner' (qv): Bruce's two sons, Sam (b. 1980) and Lee (b. 1985), her own son, Dakota Paul (b. 1 May 1989) and one son together with Bruce, Michael Garrett (b. 6 October 1995).
- Aunt of 'Sara Gilbert' (qv)'s son Levi and daughter Sawyer.
- Gilbert was one of 500 young girls who auditioned for the role of Laura Ingalls Wilder in the TV series _"Little House on the Prairie" (1974)_ (qv) and she was the only one whose screen test was sent to be considered at NBC Studios. It was 'Michael Landon (I)' (qv)'s daughter 'Leslie Landon (I)' (qv) who told Melissa that she had won the role of Laura when the two of them stood in line at their school cafeteria.
- Inducted (as a cast member of _"Little House on the Prairie" (1974)_ (qv)) into the Hall of Great Western Performers of the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in 1998.