May. 29th, 1961
Leavenworth, Kansas, USA
Melissa Etheridge's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Publicly revealed that 'David Crosby' (qv) is the biological father of her two children with partner 'Julie Cypher' (qv), who gave birth to their children conceived through artificial insemination (January 2000).
- Ex-lover 'Julie Cypher' (qv) left 'Lou Diamond Phillips' (qv) to be with her.
- Sang at 'Brad Pitt' (qv)'s and 'Jennifer Aniston' (qv)'s wedding
- Ranked #49 on VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll
- Announced she is separating from long-time partner 'Julie Cypher' (qv) (19 September 2000).
- Was diagnosed with breast cancer (October 2004).
- She and her girlfriend 'Tammy Lynn Michaels' (qv) considers themselves as married since they exchanged vows in a secret ceremony in September 2003. Their marriage is not legally confirmed, because gay weddings are not legally binding in their home state California.
- Made headlines when she gave a noteworthy performance at the 2005 Grammy Awards for the first time since being diagnosed with cancer; showing up bald from her chemotherapy treatments.