May. 29th, 1961
Leavenworth, Kansas, USA
Melissa Etheridge's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Announced in late 2005 that she is cancer-free and that she and partner 'Tammy Lynn Michaels' (qv) are planning to have a child.
- Sang at 'Brad Pitt' (qv)'s and 'Jennifer Aniston' (qv)'s wedding
- Ranked #49 on VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll
- Made headlines when she gave a noteworthy performance at the 2005 Grammy Awards for the first time since being diagnosed with cancer; showing up bald from her chemotherapy treatments.
- Although being famous for her smoky voice, she has never smoked and doesn't like whiskey.
- Close friends with 'Brad Pitt' (qv).
- Announced she is separating from long-time partner 'Julie Cypher' (qv) (19 September 2000).
- Her partner 'Julie Cypher' (qv) gave birth to two children, Bailey Jean (born in 1997) and Beckett (born in November 1998), which were adopted by Melissa.