May. 29th, 1961
Leavenworth, Kansas, USA
Melissa Etheridge's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - 1 a Minute
2010 - 1 a Minute
1999 - After Stonewall
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Performer
Herself - Guest
- Made headlines when she gave a noteworthy performance at the 2005 Grammy Awards for the first time since being diagnosed with cancer; showing up bald from her chemotherapy treatments.
- Is a fan of 'Bruce Springsteen' (qv) and the 'Dave Matthews Band' (qv).
- A close friend of 'Brad Pitt' (qv), two of his former girlfriends and his ex-wife appeared in her music videos: 'Juliette Lewis (I)' (qv) in "Come To My Window", 'Gwyneth Paltrow' (qv) in "I Want To Come Over" and 'Jennifer Aniston' (qv) in "I Want To Be In Love".
- Ex-lover 'Julie Cypher' (qv) left 'Lou Diamond Phillips' (qv) to be with her.
- Publicly revealed that 'David Crosby' (qv) is the biological father of her two children with partner 'Julie Cypher' (qv), who gave birth to their children conceived through artificial insemination (January 2000).
- Gay rights and environmental activist.
- Although being famous for her smoky voice, she has never smoked and doesn't like whiskey.
- Was diagnosed with breast cancer (October 2004).