May. 29th, 1961
Leavenworth, Kansas, USA
Melissa Etheridge's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - 1 a Minute
2010 - 1 a Minute
1999 - After Stonewall
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Herself - Performer
- Is a fan of 'Bruce Springsteen' (qv) and the 'Dave Matthews Band' (qv).
- Announced in late 2005 that she is cancer-free and that she and partner 'Tammy Lynn Michaels' (qv) are planning to have a child.
- She and her girlfriend 'Tammy Lynn Michaels' (qv) considers themselves as married since they exchanged vows in a secret ceremony in September 2003. Their marriage is not legally confirmed, because gay weddings are not legally binding in their home state California.
- Announced she is separating from long-time partner 'Julie Cypher' (qv) (19 September 2000).
- Was diagnosed with breast cancer (October 2004).
- A close friend of 'Brad Pitt' (qv), two of his former girlfriends and his ex-wife appeared in her music videos: 'Juliette Lewis (I)' (qv) in "Come To My Window", 'Gwyneth Paltrow' (qv) in "I Want To Come Over" and 'Jennifer Aniston' (qv) in "I Want To Be In Love".
- Her partner 'Tammy Lynn Michaels' (qv) gave birth to a girl, Johnnie Rose, and a boy, Miller Steven, on 17 October 2006.
- Ex-lover 'Julie Cypher' (qv) left 'Lou Diamond Phillips' (qv) to be with her.