May. 29th, 1961
Leavenworth, Kansas, USA
Melissa Etheridge's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - 1 a Minute
2010 - 1 a Minute
1999 - After Stonewall
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Herself - Performer
- Gay rights and environmental activist.
- Won two Grammy Awards for "Best Female Rock Performance" in 1992 and 1994.
- Her partner 'Julie Cypher' (qv) gave birth to two children, Bailey Jean (born in 1997) and Beckett (born in November 1998), which were adopted by Melissa.
- A close friend of 'Brad Pitt' (qv), two of his former girlfriends and his ex-wife appeared in her music videos: 'Juliette Lewis (I)' (qv) in "Come To My Window", 'Gwyneth Paltrow' (qv) in "I Want To Come Over" and 'Jennifer Aniston' (qv) in "I Want To Be In Love".
- Her father John died from cancer in 1992.
- Ex-lover 'Julie Cypher' (qv) left 'Lou Diamond Phillips' (qv) to be with her.
- Made headlines when she gave a noteworthy performance at the 2005 Grammy Awards for the first time since being diagnosed with cancer; showing up bald from her chemotherapy treatments.
- Her partner 'Tammy Lynn Michaels' (qv) gave birth to a girl, Johnnie Rose, and a boy, Miller Steven, on 17 October 2006.