May. 29th, 1961
Leavenworth, Kansas, USA
Melissa Etheridge's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - 1 a Minute
2010 - 1 a Minute
1999 - After Stonewall
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Performer
Herself - Guest
- Made headlines when she gave a noteworthy performance at the 2005 Grammy Awards for the first time since being diagnosed with cancer; showing up bald from her chemotherapy treatments.
- Publicly revealed that 'David Crosby' (qv) is the biological father of her two children with partner 'Julie Cypher' (qv), who gave birth to their children conceived through artificial insemination (January 2000).
- Sang at 'Brad Pitt' (qv)'s and 'Jennifer Aniston' (qv)'s wedding
- Announced in late 2005 that she is cancer-free and that she and partner 'Tammy Lynn Michaels' (qv) are planning to have a child.
- Ex-lover 'Julie Cypher' (qv) left 'Lou Diamond Phillips' (qv) to be with her.
- Announced that her longtime partner 'Tammy Lynn Michaels' (qv) is pregnant and expecting twins (2006).
- Gay rights and environmental activist.
- Although being famous for her smoky voice, she has never smoked and doesn't like whiskey.