May. 29th, 1961
Leavenworth, Kansas, USA
Melissa Etheridge's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - 1 a Minute
2010 - 1 a Minute
1999 - After Stonewall
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- She and her girlfriend 'Tammy Lynn Michaels' (qv) considers themselves as married since they exchanged vows in a secret ceremony in September 2003. Their marriage is not legally confirmed, because gay weddings are not legally binding in their home state California.
- Is a fan of 'Bruce Springsteen' (qv) and the 'Dave Matthews Band' (qv).
- Her partner 'Tammy Lynn Michaels' (qv) gave birth to a girl, Johnnie Rose, and a boy, Miller Steven, on 17 October 2006.
- A close friend of 'Brad Pitt' (qv), two of his former girlfriends and his ex-wife appeared in her music videos: 'Juliette Lewis (I)' (qv) in "Come To My Window", 'Gwyneth Paltrow' (qv) in "I Want To Come Over" and 'Jennifer Aniston' (qv) in "I Want To Be In Love".
- Although being famous for her smoky voice, she has never smoked and doesn't like whiskey.
- Won two Grammy Awards for "Best Female Rock Performance" in 1992 and 1994.
- Ranked #49 on VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll
- Close friends with 'Brad Pitt' (qv).