May. 29th, 1961
Leavenworth, Kansas, USA
Melissa Etheridge's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Is a fan of 'Bruce Springsteen' (qv) and the 'Dave Matthews Band' (qv).
- Announced in late 2005 that she is cancer-free and that she and partner 'Tammy Lynn Michaels' (qv) are planning to have a child.
- Won two Grammy Awards for "Best Female Rock Performance" in 1992 and 1994.
- Her father John died from cancer in 1992.
- She and her girlfriend 'Tammy Lynn Michaels' (qv) considers themselves as married since they exchanged vows in a secret ceremony in September 2003. Their marriage is not legally confirmed, because gay weddings are not legally binding in their home state California.
- Gay rights and environmental activist.
- Publicly revealed that 'David Crosby' (qv) is the biological father of her two children with partner 'Julie Cypher' (qv), who gave birth to their children conceived through artificial insemination (January 2000).
- Made headlines when she gave a noteworthy performance at the 2005 Grammy Awards for the first time since being diagnosed with cancer; showing up bald from her chemotherapy treatments.