Jun. 28th, 1926
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Mel Brooks' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - The Producers
2005 - Robots
1998 - The Prince of Egypt
1995 - Dracula: Dead and Loving it
1994 - The Little Rascals
1993 - Robin Hood: Men in Tights
1991 - Life Stinks
1990 - Look Who's Talking Too
1987 - Spaceballs
1983 - To Be or Not to Be
1981 - History of the World: Part I
1979 - The Muppet Movie
1977 - High Anxiety
1976 - Silent Movie
1974 - Blazing Saddles
1974 - Young Frankenstein
1970 - The Twelve Chairs
1968 - The Producers
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Actor
The Angry Cat (Voiced)
Mr. Miller (Voiced)
- Calls his late wife 'Anne Bancroft (I)' (qv) his Obi-Wan Kenobi since she encouraged him to turn his movie _The Producers (1968)_ (qv) into a Broadway musical.
- In 1966, he was about to co-star in a movie called "Easy Come, Easy Go" with 'Jan Berry (I)' (qv) and 'Dean Torrence' (qv) in the leading roles. What would have been his on-screen debut, was canceled due to a car wreck during shooting, in which Berry suffered a severe brain damage and paralysis. On the casting list was also British comedy star 'Terry-Thomas' (qv).
- His favorite song is "Yankee Doodle Dandy" by 'George M. Cohan' (qv).
- Served as a corporal in the US army in North Africa during World War II.
- Part of his duties in WWII was defusing landmines in areas before the infantry moved in.
- Won 3 Tonys in 2001 for "The Producers" - Best Musical, Best Book of a Musical, and Best Musical Score.
- Named one of E!'s "Top 20 entertainers of 2001.".
- He and 'Anne Bancroft (I)' (qv) met on the set of a TV talk show, and Mel later paid a woman who worked on the show to tell him which restaurant Bancroft was going to eat at that night so he could "accidentally" bump into her again and strike up a conversation.