Jun. 28th, 1926
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Actor
Himself - Guest
Mel Brooks (Voiced)
The Angry Cat (Voiced)
- According to his 1975 Playboy interview, Mel's favorite candy is Raisinets.
- Served as a corporal in the US army in North Africa during World War II.
- Calls his late wife 'Anne Bancroft (I)' (qv) his Obi-Wan Kenobi since she encouraged him to turn his movie _The Producers (1968)_ (qv) into a Broadway musical.
- Is an avid fan of Russian literature, occasionally making references to works and writers in his films.
- Son 'Eddie Brooks' (qv) manages a band called "Early Edison".
- He is a close friend of Italian TV star 'Ezio Greggio' (qv), whose movies he inspired. Brooks is often a guest in Greggio's shows, and Brooks offered Greggio a small part in his _Dracula: Dead and Loving It (1995)_ (qv), due to this friendship.
- One of the few people to win an Oscar, an Emmy, a Grammy and a Tony. He won an Oscar for the screenplay of _The Producers (1968)_ (qv); 3 Emmys in a row (1997-1999) for his guest appearance as Uncle Phil in _"Mad About You" (1992)_ (qv); 3 Tonys for The Producers- Best Musical, Original Music Score and Book (musical); and 3 Grammys- Best Spoken Comedy Album for "The 2000 Year Old Man In The Year 2000" (1998, with 'Carl Reiner' (qv)) and two for The Producers (2001): Best Musical Show Album (as composer/lyricist) and Best Long Form Music Video (as artist).
- Grandson Henry Michael Brooks (Max's son) born April 2005.