Nov. 12th, 1958
Los Angeles, California, USA
Megan Mullally's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Fame
2007 - Bee Movie
2005 - Rebound
2004 - Teacher's Pet
2002 - Stealing Harvard
2001 - Monkeybone
1999 - Anywhere But Here
1986 - About Last Night...
1985 - Once Bitten
1983 - Risky Business
Guest TV Roles
Veronica 'Ronnie' Mann
Pink Quack (Voiced)
Megan is an only child born in Los Angeles, California. Her mother, Martha, was a model. Her father, Carter Mullally Jr., is a retired contract player for Paramount. Megan first entered Northwestern University intending to study acting, but switched to English literature. However, she still ended up starring in several campus musicals, which gained attention from producers and prompted her to drop out of school. In 1985, she moved to Los Angeles with no particular success. But, in 1994, she co-starred in "Grease" with 'Rosie ODonnell and, in 1995, in "How To Succeed In Business" with Matthew Broderick (I). Her star has been rising ever since.
- She almost wound up in the role of Carrie in _"The King of Queens" (1998)_ (qv).
- Has won 3 consecutive Screen Actors Guild Awards (SAG) for Outstanding performance by an actress in a comedy, and has a total of 4 SAG Awards and 2 Emmy Awards.
- Lives in West Hollywood, California with her poodles, Willa and Elmo.
- Auditioned for the role of Elaine on _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv). (According to the Seinfeld special, aired on 25 November 2004.)
- Close friend is _"ER" (1994)_ (qv) actress 'Laura Innes (I)' (qv). The two met at Northwestern University in the late 70s and have been friends ever since.
- She recently starred in and directed an original performance art piece, The Sweetheart Break-In. The band released a CD of some of the songs in the show, called 'The Supreme Music Program: The Sweetheart Break-In'.
- Originally auditioned for "Grace" on _"Will & Grace" (1998)_ (qv), but was later cast as "Karen".