Nov. 12th, 1958
Los Angeles, California, USA
Megan Mullally's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Megan is an only child born in Los Angeles, California. Her mother, Martha, was a model. Her father, 'Carter Mullally Jr.', is a retired contract player for Paramount. Megan first entered Northwestern University intending to study acting, but switched to English literature. However, she still ended up starring in several campus musicals, which gained attention from producers and prompted her to drop out of school. In 1985, she moved to Los Angeles with no particular success. But, in 1994, she co-starred in Greas" with 'Rosie O'Donnell' and, in 1995, in How To Succeed In Business with 'Matthew Broderick'. Her star has been rising ever since.
- Lives in West Hollywood, California with her poodles, Willa and Elmo.
- First cast member of _"Will & Grace" (1998)_ (qv) to win an Emmy. She won in 2000 for Outstanding performance by an actress in a supporting role comedy. Her co-star, 'Sean Hayes (I)' (qv), also won that year.
- Auditioned for the role of Elaine on _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv). (According to the Seinfeld special, aired on 25 November 2004.)
- Graduated from Casady High School, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Close friend is _"ER" (1994)_ (qv) actress 'Laura Innes (I)' (qv). The two met at Northwestern University in the late 70s and have been friends ever since.
- Was featured in "Theater Week" as one of six "New Faces of 1995," alongside 'Rufus Sewell' (qv), 'Jude Law' (qv), 'Jennifer Dundas' (qv), 'Justin Kirk' (qv), and 'Billy Crudup' (qv). Ironically, she stated in that issue that she was done with television, and in five years would like "to be doing plays and musicals [in New York], and also film work."
- She studied ballet and was a soloist with Oklahoma City's Ballet Oklahoma. She also studied at 'George Balanchine' (qv)'s School of American Ballet.
- She is the lead singer in the LA band, The Supreme Music Program.