Feb. 17th, 1992
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
5' 4 1/2
Meaghan Jette Martin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Martin made her television debut in 2006, with the television pilot Cooking Rocks! It was followed by roles in programs such as Nickelodeon’s Just Jordan and CBS’s Close to Home, as well as a guest stint in the Disney Channel series The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. She was eventually cast as the lead antagonist in the Disney Channel original movie, Camp Rock, which also stars Demi Lovato and the Jonas Brothers.
Martin was selected by TV Guide in 2008 as one of the "13 Hottest Young Stars to Watch". She was the online host for the 2008 Disney Channel Games.
Martin voiced the character Naminé in all subsequent releases in Kingdom Hearts series, replacing Brittany Snow, who did not return to the series.
Martin starred in the ABC Family sitcom 10 Things I Hate About You as Bianca (originated by Larisa Oleynik in the film version). She also had the role of Megan Kennedy in the independent film Dear Lemon Lima. Martin filmed the sequel to Camp Rock, Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam, reprising her role as Tess Tyler, which was released on September 3, 2010 on Disney Channel. In 2011, Martin starred in Mean Girls 2 as the main character. Martin also played the role of Aubrey in the film Sironia, which is to be released in 2011.
On June 16, 2011, Martin appeared for one night in Super Summer Theatre's live production of "Annie" at Spring Mountain Ranch in Las Vegas, NV in the role of Star-To-Be.
Martin recorded two solo songs in Camp Rock, "Too Cool" and "2 Stars". Martin sang a version of "When You Wish Upon a Star" for the 2009 re-release of Disney's Pinocchio, as well as appearing in the related music video.The song debuted at number fifty-two on Billboard's Hot Dance Club Songs chart, becoming Meaghan's first charting single. It has since peaked at number thirty-six.So far, it is the only song by Meaghan that managed to chart.
She has also recorded a version of the Olivia Newton-John song "Magic" for the Wizards of Waverly Place Soundtrack. Martin has partnered with Build-A-Bear Workshop for their "Love.Hugs.Peace" movement. For the ad campaign, she recorded a special version of "Let's Talk About Love". She also recorded two songs for Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam, "Tear it Down" and "Walkin in My Shoes", alongside Camp Rock 2 co-star Matthew "Mdot" Finley. She is also on collaborative song "It's On", which features all of her co-stars from the movie. All songs appear on the soundtrack to the movie.
Martin appeared in Demi Lovato's music video for the song "Remember December".
Martin was not a part of the Jonas Brothers World Tour 2010 that starred the Jonas Brothers, Demi Lovato, and the cast of Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam because she was filming Mean Girls 2.
- Meaghan loves musical theatre. She's a big fan of composers Jason Robert Brown, Duncan Sheik and Stephen Sondheim. She was seen in the workshop of Jason Robert Brown's musical "13" as Kendra.
- She is an avid singer and dancer. The styles of dance she's most interested in are jazz, ballet, tap and hip-hop.
- Meaghan loves reading and is a huge fan of the Harry Potter series. She also enjoys writings by Mitch Albom, Stephen King and Lewis Carroll.
- She has a little brother, Zachary, an older brother, Sean, and an older sister, Rebecca.
- For her Camp Rock audition, she sang 'Brand New You' from the James Robert Brown musical play, "13".
- First professional was a fashion model in a Disney fashion show when she was 5.
- Loves the UK and would love to visit.
- She is writing songs with her older brother, who is a really good guitar player.