Jul. 27th, 1972
Gainesville, Florida, USA
Maya Rudolph's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Maya Khabira Rudolph is an American actress and comedian known for Saturday Night Live, The Grinder, The Awesomes, Drunk History and Maya & Marty.
- Played with the pop group 'The Rentals' (qv), which opened for 'Alanis Morissette' (qv) in 1994.
- Daughter of 'Dick Rudolph' (qv) and 'Minnie Riperton' (qv).
- First child, daughter Pearl Minnie Anderson, with boyfriend 'Paul Thomas Anderson' (qv), born October 15, 2005.
- Often does impressions of 'Christina Aguilera' (qv) and 'Donatella Versace' (qv) on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv).
- Voted #20 on Entertainment Weekly's list of Funniest People in America in April 2004
- Is a vegetarian.
- Formed and sang in the jazz-funk band "Supersauce" while attending the University of California at Santa Cruz. She left the band when she graduated and later joined 'The Rentals' (qv), singing backup vocals on the album "Seven More Minutes". She can be heard on "Barcelona" and "My Head is in the Sun". Rudolph left 'The Rentals' (qv) to join "The Groundlings" to pursue a career in comedy, which eventually led her to _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv).
- Attended St. Augustine by the Sea School with 'Gwyneth Paltrow' (qv).