Jul. 14th, 1966
Abington, Pennsylvania, USA
Matthew Fox's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Speed Racer
2008 - Vantage Point
2006 - Smokin' Aces
2006 - We Are Marshall
1993 - My Boyfriend's Back
Guest TV Roles
Matthew's parents raised longhorn cattle and horses and grew barley for Coors beer. He entered the Deerfield Academy in Massachusetts for a post-grad year after high school, and then matriculated at Columbia University where he played football and majored in Economics with the intent to end up on Wall Street. However, his girl friend's mother was a modeling agent who convinced him to try some modeling which led to a couple of TV commercials. Soon after he was sold on acting.
- He is the tallest principal cast member of _"Lost" (2004)_ (qv) at just over 6ft 2in. 'Terry O'Quinn' (qv), 'Josh Holloway' (qv) and 'Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje' (qv) are just slightly shorter.
- During his time off, he enjoys hosting youth football clinics on how to run the veer offense.
- He was raised in Crowheart, Wyoming on the family ranch.
- While promoting Vantage Point, he traveled to nine countries in three weeks.
- Daughter Kyle Fox (born in 1998) and son Byron Fox (born in 2001)
- Is a Philadelphia Eagles fan.
- He has appeared in the most episodes of _"Lost" (2004)_ (qv) of any actor, with 95 episodes to date. His character, Jack, has had the most "centric" episodes of any of the show's characters, with 14 episodes to date. (2009).
- Attended Wind River high school and did post-graduate high school study at Deerfield Academy in Massachusetts.