Jul. 14th, 1966
Abington, Pennsylvania, USA
Matthew Fox's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Speed Racer
2008 - Vantage Point
2006 - Smokin' Aces
2006 - We Are Marshall
1993 - My Boyfriend's Back
Guest TV Roles
Matthew's parents raised longhorn cattle and horses and grew barley for Coors beer. He entered the Deerfield Academy in Massachusetts for a post-grad year after high school, and then matriculated at Columbia University where he played football and majored in Economics with the intent to end up on Wall Street. However, his girl friend's mother was a modeling agent who convinced him to try some modeling which led to a couple of TV commercials. Soon after he was sold on acting.
- Is good friends with 'Green Day' (qv)'s 'Billie Joe Armstrong' (qv).
- In an interview, he stated that music is a major part of his life, citing 'Arcade Fire' (qv), 'Sigur Rós' (qv), 'John Harold Arnold Bramwell' (qv), 'Modest Mouse' (qv) and Texan band "The Black Angels" as some of his favourite bands. He's also a fan of punk.
- Is a member of Phi Gamma Delta fraternity
- Graduated from New York's prestigious Atlantic Theater Company where fellow _"Lost" (2004)_ (qv) co-star 'Kimberley Joseph' (qv), who played flirtatious flight attendant Cindy, was also a graduate.
- He has appeared in the most episodes of _"Lost" (2004)_ (qv) of any actor, with 95 episodes to date. His character, Jack, has had the most "centric" episodes of any of the show's characters, with 14 episodes to date. (2009).
- He is the tallest principal cast member of _"Lost" (2004)_ (qv) at just over 6ft 2in. 'Terry O'Quinn' (qv), 'Josh Holloway' (qv) and 'Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje' (qv) are just slightly shorter.
- He was raised in Crowheart, Wyoming on the family ranch.
- He frequently hosts parties at his house where the whole cast of _"Lost" (2004)_ (qv) gathers to watch the last episode they had filmed.