Jul. 14th, 1966
Abington, Pennsylvania, USA
Matthew Fox's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Speed Racer
2008 - Vantage Point
2006 - Smokin' Aces
2006 - We Are Marshall
1993 - My Boyfriend's Back
Guest TV Roles
Matthew's parents raised longhorn cattle and horses and grew barley for Coors beer. He entered the Deerfield Academy in Massachusetts for a post-grad year after high school, and then matriculated at Columbia University where he played football and majored in Economics with the intent to end up on Wall Street. However, his girl friend's mother was a modeling agent who convinced him to try some modeling which led to a couple of TV commercials. Soon after he was sold on acting.
- Like his wife, his maternal grandfather was Italian American.
- He was raised in Crowheart, Wyoming on the family ranch.
- Attended Wind River high school and did post-graduate high school study at Deerfield Academy in Massachusetts.
- He is the tallest principal cast member of _"Lost" (2004)_ (qv) at just over 6ft 2in. 'Terry O'Quinn' (qv), 'Josh Holloway' (qv) and 'Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje' (qv) are just slightly shorter.
- Announced during a recent appearance on daytime talk show _"Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show" (2003)_ (qv) that he intends to quit smoking as a resolution for 2007.
- During his time off, he enjoys hosting youth football clinics on how to run the veer offense.
- Graduated from New York's prestigious Atlantic Theater Company where fellow _"Lost" (2004)_ (qv) co-star 'Kimberley Joseph' (qv), who played flirtatious flight attendant Cindy, was also a graduate.
- Matthew studied acting for two years at The School for Film and Television in New York City.