May. 26th, 1971
Houston, Texas, USA
6' 1 1/2
Matt Stone's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage
2006 - This Film Is Not Yet Rated
2005 - The Aristocrats
2004 - Team America: World Police
2002 - Bowling for Columbine
1998 - BASEketball
1997 - Orgazmo
1995 - The Spirit of Christmas
1995 - Your Studio and You
1992 - The Spirit of Christmas
Guest TV Roles
Himself (segment "Parker & Stone")
Terrance Henry Stoot (Voiced)
Mr. Harris (Voiced)
Matthew Richard "Matt" Stone is an American actor, animator, screenwriter, television director, producer, comedian, and recording artist. He is best known for being the co-creator of South Park along with his creative partner and best friend Trey Parker, as well as co-writing the 2011 multi-Tony Award winning musical The Book of Mormon.
Stone and Parker launched their largely collaborative careers in 1989 when they met at the University of Colorado. In 1992 they made a holiday short titled Jesus vs. Frosty which would eventually become South Park. Their first success came from Alferd Packer: The Musical, subsequently distributed as Cannibal! The Musical. From there he made another short title Jesus vs. Santa, leading him and college friend Parker to create South Park, which has been airing for over fifteen years. He has four Emmy Awards for his role in South Park, winning for both "Outstanding Programming More Than One Hour" and "Outstanding Programming Less Than One Hour".
- He and 'Trey Parker (I)' (qv) have said that their favorite episode of _"South Park" (1997)_ (qv) is "Terrance & Phillip in Not Without My Anus" (#2.1).
- The character of Kyle Brovlofski on South Park is based on him.
- On South Park he named Kyle Broslofski's (a voice he does) parents after his own. His mother is Sheila and his father is Gerald.
- Lives in Venice, California.
- Wore a pink gown as popularized by Gwyneth Paltrow to the 72nd Academy awards.
- Stone and Parker have said in magazines that their favorite genre movie is _Megaforce (1982)_ (qv), from which some of their ideas are based.
- Is best friends with John Stamos
- He was raised in Littleton, Colorado, a suburb of Denver. The town of South Park is based on the mountain town of Fairplay, Colorado.