Oct. 8th, 1970
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Himself - Guest
Matt Damon was born in 1970. His father, Kent Damon, a tax preparer, and his mother, Nancy Carlsson-Paige, a college professor, are now divorced. His older brother, Kyle (b. 1967), is a sculptor. Matt's first film role was a one-line part in Mystic Pizza (1988). Hollywood's power brokers realized his potential as a serious actor when they saw him play a Gulf War vet-turned-heroin addict in Courage Under Fire (1996). One of Matt's closest childhood friends was fellow young thespian Ben Affleck, who starred in Chasing Amy (1997). Damon and Affleck collaborated on the screenplay for Good Will Hunting (1997), in which they co-star.
- He gained over 30 pounds to play Mark Whiteacre in _The Informant! (2009)_ (qv), which he dieted off as soon as the shoot was complete.
- Born on the same day as 'Sigourney Weaver' (qv), 'Kristanna Loken' (qv) and 'Nick Cannon (I)' (qv).
- His wife, Luciana Barroso, was born in Argentina.
- Dropped 40 pounds for his role as a Gulf War vet in _Courage Under Fire (1996)_ (qv).
- Turned down the lead role in _The Quick and the Dead (1995)_ (qv). 'Leonardo DiCaprio' (qv) ended up with the role.
- Had never made a sequel until he made _Ocean's Twelve (2004)_ (qv) and _The Bourne Supremacy (2004)_ (qv), both in the same year. In 2007, the third parts of those series, _Ocean's Thirteen (2007)_ (qv) and _The Bourne Ultimatum (2007)_ (qv), opened, making the first trilogies he's starred in.
- Grew up next door to radical historian 'Howard Zinn' (qv). Damon references Zinn's seminal work "A People's History of the United States" as Will in _Good Will Hunting (1997)_ (qv).
- Lost 30 pounds for his role in the film _The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999)_ (qv).