Oct. 8th, 1970
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Himself - Guest
Matt Damon was born in 1970. His father, Kent Damon, a tax preparer, and his mother, Nancy Carlsson-Paige, a college professor, are now divorced. His older brother, Kyle (b. 1967), is a sculptor. Matt's first film role was a one-line part in Mystic Pizza (1988). Hollywood's power brokers realized his potential as a serious actor when they saw him play a Gulf War vet-turned-heroin addict in Courage Under Fire (1996). One of Matt's closest childhood friends was fellow young thespian Ben Affleck, who starred in Chasing Amy (1997). Damon and Affleck collaborated on the screenplay for Good Will Hunting (1997), in which they co-star.
- Met his wife, Luciana Barroso, while he was filming _Stuck on You (2003)_ (qv) in Florida.
- Had never made a sequel until he made _Ocean's Twelve (2004)_ (qv) and _The Bourne Supremacy (2004)_ (qv), both in the same year. In 2007, the third parts of those series, _Ocean's Thirteen (2007)_ (qv) and _The Bourne Ultimatum (2007)_ (qv), opened, making the first trilogies he's starred in.
- Quit smoking after visiting a hypnotist in L.A.
- Named "Sexiest Man Alive" by People magazine in 2007.
- Dropped out of Harvard 12 credits short of graduating to pursue his acting career.
- After a notable weight gain for _Stuck on You (2003)_ (qv), he lost 22 pounds training for _The Bourne Supremacy (2004)_ (qv), eventually having six-pack abs.
- His grandfather is Finnish.
- Turned down the part of Bobby Mercer in _Four Brothers (2005)_ (qv), as he found the script to be "ultra-violent". The part eventually went to 'Mark Wahlberg (I)' (qv).