Oct. 8th, 1970
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Himself - Guest
Matt Damon was born in 1970. His father, Kent Damon, a tax preparer, and his mother, Nancy Carlsson-Paige, a college professor, are now divorced. His older brother, Kyle (b. 1967), is a sculptor. Matt's first film role was a one-line part in Mystic Pizza (1988). Hollywood's power brokers realized his potential as a serious actor when they saw him play a Gulf War vet-turned-heroin addict in Courage Under Fire (1996). One of Matt's closest childhood friends was fellow young thespian Ben Affleck, who starred in Chasing Amy (1997). Damon and Affleck collaborated on the screenplay for Good Will Hunting (1997), in which they co-star.
- Has an older brother named Kyle.
- Had never made a sequel until he made _Ocean's Twelve (2004)_ (qv) and _The Bourne Supremacy (2004)_ (qv), both in the same year. In 2007, the third parts of those series, _Ocean's Thirteen (2007)_ (qv) and _The Bourne Ultimatum (2007)_ (qv), opened, making the first trilogies he's starred in.
- Had a cameo as a waiter in the film _The Sum of All Fears (2002)_ (qv), but it was cut from the final film.
- Started a bowling league in Berlin while making _The Bourne Supremacy (2004)_ (qv).
- Is the real-life best friend of 'Ben Affleck' (qv). Each has starred together or had cameos in some of the other's films.
- To perfect his Southern accent for his role as Rudy Baylor in _The Rainmaker (1997)_ (qv), he tended bar in Knoxville, TN, for free. Later he hired one of the customers to serve as his dialect coach.
- Lost 30 pounds for his role in the film _The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999)_ (qv).
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame (26 July 2007).