Oct. 8th, 1970
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Himself - Guest
Matt Damon was born in 1970. His father, Kent Damon, a tax preparer, and his mother, Nancy Carlsson-Paige, a college professor, are now divorced. His older brother, Kyle (b. 1967), is a sculptor. Matt's first film role was a one-line part in Mystic Pizza (1988). Hollywood's power brokers realized his potential as a serious actor when they saw him play a Gulf War vet-turned-heroin addict in Courage Under Fire (1996). One of Matt's closest childhood friends was fellow young thespian Ben Affleck, who starred in Chasing Amy (1997). Damon and Affleck collaborated on the screenplay for Good Will Hunting (1997), in which they co-star.
- Turned down the lead role in _The Majestic (2001)_ (qv).
- Was named as one of E!'s "25 Most Eligible Bachelors" in June, 2002.
- Father 'Kent Damon' (qv) was a realtor and former stockbroker. Mother 'Nancy Carlsson-Paige' (qv) was a college professor. They divorced in 1973. His brother Kyle was born in 1967, and is a sculptor.
- Dropped 40 pounds for his role as a Gulf War vet in _Courage Under Fire (1996)_ (qv).
- Originally cast as Dan White in _Milk (2008/I)_ (qv), but had to back out due to scheduling conflicts with _Green Zone (2010)_ (qv).
- 'Francis Ford Coppola' (qv) cast him in _The Rainmaker (1997)_ (qv) after seeing him in _Courage Under Fire (1996)_ (qv).
- To perfect his Southern accent for his role as Rudy Baylor in _The Rainmaker (1997)_ (qv), he tended bar in Knoxville, TN, for free. Later he hired one of the customers to serve as his dialect coach.
- Chosen as one of "the 50 Most beautiful people in the world" by People magazine (1998).