Oct. 8th, 1970
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Guest TV Roles
Matt Damon was born in 1970. His father, Kent Damon, a tax preparer, and his mother, Nancy Carlsson-Paige, a college professor, are now divorced. His older brother, Kyle (b. 1967), is a sculptor. Matt's first film role was a one-line part in Mystic Pizza (1988). Hollywood's power brokers realized his potential as a serious actor when they saw him play a Gulf War vet-turned-heroin addict in Courage Under Fire (1996). One of Matt's closest childhood friends was fellow young thespian Ben Affleck, who starred in Chasing Amy (1997). Damon and Affleck collaborated on the screenplay for Good Will Hunting (1997), in which they co-star.
- Appears in two of the six summer 2007 "threequels": _Ocean's Thirteen (2007)_ (qv) and _The Bourne Ultimatum (2007)_ (qv). He also appeared in the second; movies of the "Bourne" and "Ocean" franchises in the same year (2004).
- Originally cast as Dan White in _Milk (2008/I)_ (qv), but had to back out due to scheduling conflicts with _Green Zone (2010)_ (qv).
- Lost 30 pounds for his role in the film _The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999)_ (qv).
- Named Hollywood's "best value" by Forbes Magazine, with his films making $29 (US) for each dollar he is paid (2007).
- 1998: Played in $10,000 buy-in Texas Hold 'Em tournament at the World Series of Poker (www.wsop.com) in Las Vegas. He was knocked out in the first day by poker legend 'Doyle Brunson' (qv). Damon had kings, Brunson aces.
- Turned down the lead role in _The Majestic (2001)_ (qv).
- Became stepfather to girlfriend Luciana Barroso's daughter, Alexia (born in 1998), when he married Luciana at City Hall in New York City (9 December 2005)-.
- Had a cameo as a waiter in the film _The Sum of All Fears (2002)_ (qv), but it was cut from the final film.