May. 20th, 1977
Manchester, New Hampshire, USA
Matt Czuchry's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Matthew Charles "Matt" Czuchry (pronounced /ˈzʊkri/; born May 20, 1977) is an American actor.
Czuchry was born in Manchester, New Hampshire and grew up in Johnson City, Tennessee. His father, Andrew Czuchry, is a professor at East Tennessee State University and his mother, Sandra, is a homemaker. He has two brothers, Mike and AJ, and a sister, Karen.
He graduated from Science Hill High School in 1995. Czuchry graduated with honors in 1999 from the College of Charleston with a Bachelor of Arts degree in History and Political Science. He won the Mr. College of Charleston pageant in 1998. Czuchry attended college on a tennis scholarship, captained the men's tennis team, and was an NCAA ranked player in the Southern Conference.
Czuchry took one theater class in college, and his professor encouraged him to change his major to drama. It was during his first role, in The WB's Young Americans, that he met Kate Bosworth. He may be best-known as Logan Huntzberger on the television show Gilmore Girls on The CW. Prior to this role, Czuchry had a recurring guest role on the CBS drama Hack and starred in the pilot of UPN's Jake 2.0. He guested on Freaks and Geeks, 7th Heaven, The Practice, Veronica Mars and Friday Night Lights. As of September 2009 Czuchry appears on the television series The Good Wife, in which he plays an ambitious Harvard-educated junior associate at a law firm.
He appeared in the movies Eight Legged Freaks and Slap Her... She's French. Czuchry played the lead role in the film adaptation of Tucker Max's I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell.
From September 11 to October 28, 2007, Czuchry performed in Wendy Wasserstein's play Third opposite Christine Lahti at the Geffen Playhouse.
- Graduated with top honors in 1999 from the College of Charleston in South Carolina.
- Last name pronounced zoo-crie
- Was a NCAA tennis player.
- Was captain of the tennis team in college.
- History/Political Science Major
- Won the Mr. College of Charleston 1998 Pageant.
- It was during his first role, in the WB's "Young Americans", that he met his former girlfriend of two years 'Kate Bosworth'. They dated from 2000 to 2002.
- Has 2 older brothers, AJ and Mike and an older sister, Karen.