Jun. 28th, 1966
New York City, New York, USA
Mary Stuart Masterson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2002 - Leo
1998 - Digging to China
1997 - The Postman
1996 - Bed of Roses
1996 - Heaven's Prisoners
1994 - Radioland Murders
1993 - Benny & Joon
1991 - Married to It
1991 - Fried Green Tomatoes
1990 - Funny About Love
1989 - Chances Are
1987 - Gardens of Stone
1987 - Some Kind of Wonderful
1986 - At Close Range
1975 - The Stepford Wives
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Rebecca Hendrix
Herself - Host
Mary Stuart Masterson started acting before the age of ten, when she appeared in The Stepford Wives (1975) in 1975 with her father. Afterwards, at the direction of her parents, Mary Stuart led a life outside of the limelight, attending school in New York. She appeared in a few productions at New York's Dalton School. At the age of 15, the young actress appeared on Broadway in Eva Le Gallienne's version of Alice In Wonderland. She played two parts, the Four of Hearts and the Small White Rabbit. She returned to films in 1985 with the role of Dani in Heaven Help Us (1985). For eight months afterwards, Mary Stuart attended New York University, where she studied anthropology.
- Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1987" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 39.
- Theatre World Award winner for her performance in the 2003 production of the Broadway musical "Nine".
- Sister of actress 'Alexandra Masterson' (qv) and actor 'Peter Masterson (II)' (qv).
- She has received an Outer Critics' Circle Award nomination (2003) for Best Supporting Actress in the new revival of the Broadway musical "Nine".
- Daughter of writer/director/actor 'Peter Masterson (I)' (qv) and actress 'Carlin Glynn' (qv).
- Was nominated for Broadway's 2003 Tony Award as Best Actress (Featured Role - Musical) for a revival of "Nine The Musical."
- Has never done a nude scene nor has she ever posed nude or topless in her career.
- She has received a Drama Desk Award nomination (2003) for Best Supporting Actress in the new revival of the Broadway musical "Nine".