Apr. 28th, 1952
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, USA
Mary McDonnell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - Scream 4
2001 - Donnie Darko
1999 - Mumford
1996 - Independence Day
1994 - Blue Chips
1992 - Passion Fish
1992 - Sneakers
1991 - Grand Canyon
1990 - Dances with Wolves
1987 - Matewan
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Virginia Dixon
Renowned for her stage work on the East Coast, working with the Long Wharf Theatre Co., amongst others. It wasn't until 20 years after working on the theater stage that she had her break through role in Kevin Costner's Dances with Wolves (1990). She has since received two Academy Award nominations.
- Has been a huge fan of 'Vanessa Redgrave' (qv) since the seventies.
- Has taught acting classes with her husband, even after being nominated for an Academy Award...
- Attended Fredonia State University.
- She has appeared in four films with 'Alfre Woodard' (qv): _Grand Canyon (1991)_ (qv), _Passion Fish (1992)_ (qv), _Blue Chips (1994)_ (qv), and _Mumford (1999)_ (qv).
- Moved to Los Angeles as an adult with her husband and daughter
- Though born in Pennsylvania, she was raised in Ithaca, New York.
- Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1990" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 42.
- Was a cast member of the medical situation comedy _"E/R" (1984)_ (qv) and also has a recurring role on the hit 90s medical drama of nearly the same name, _"ER" (1994)_ (qv).