Sep. 23rd, 1947
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
Mary Kay Place's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Never married and has no children. Divides her time between her home in Los Angeles and New York apartment.
- She wrote three _"M*A*S*H" (1972)_ (qv) episodes in conjunction with 'Linda Bloodworth-Thomason' (qv). They were broadcast between December 1973 and December 1974. One of those episodes, "Hot Lips and Empty Arms" was nominated for a comedy writing Emmy.
- She is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority. She was initiated into the Gamma Tau (Tulsa) chapter in 1966.
- First big break came in playing wannabe country-western singer Loretta Haggers on cult TV's _"Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman" (1976)_ (qv) .
- Mary is an aunt of 'Jess Place' (qv).
- Graduate of the University of Tulsa (OK).
- Character actress who has found a niche on film and TV playing quirky country moms, including 'Reese Witherspoon' (qv)'s in _Sweet Home Alabama (2002)_ (qv) in both serious and comical settings.
- Varsity cheerleader in high school.