Jun. 13th, 1986
Sherman Oaks, California, USA
Mary-Kate Olsen's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Beastly
2008 - The Wackness
2006 - Factory Girl
2003 - Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
1995 - It Takes Two
1994 - The Little Rascals
Guest TV Roles
She and her twin sister, Ashley Olsen, were born June 13, 1986 in Sherman Oaks, California to David and Jarnette Olsen. The twins began their acting career in 1987 when they were chosen to play the role of Michelle Tanner on a new television series, "Full House" (1987). The show became a hit with books, dolls, and other merchandise being sold to promote it, and during the years the show was on the air, the Olsen twins had a TVQ (popularity rating) second only to Bill Cosby. The twins continued to share the role through the show's end in 1995. During the years of "Full House" (1987) they teamed up with Robert Thorne (II) and created Dualstar, their production Company. Soon they had recorded an album titled Brother For Sale and a music video called Our First Video (1993) (V). In the years that followed they starred in three straight to video movies, To Grandmother's House We Go (1992) (TV), Double, Double, Toil and Trouble (1993) (TV), and How the West Was Fun (1994) (TV). They also created their own video series called The Adventures of Mary-Kate and Ashley, in which they were pint size detectives who would "solve any crime by dinner time." They also have another successful video series, You're Invited to Mary-Kate and Ashley's and both video series continue to be popular today. In 1995 they made their big screen debut in It Takes Two (1995) and in the next few years they continued to make videos in their series. In 1998 they returned to television in the short-lived series, "Two of a Kind" (1998). They made a few more tv movies, appeared on many talk shows, and began to work on a new tv series titled "So Little Time" (2001). They currently live in California with their mom, older brother Trent and younger sister Lizzie. They visit their dad, stepmom, Mackenzie and step siblings, Taylor and Jake.
- While making the film _To Grandmother's House We Go (1992) (TV)_ (qv) in Canada, she rode her first horse and becomes a devoted equestrian.
- Voted the 20th most wanted young star for the new year by _"Access Hollywood" (1996)_ (qv) and The-N networks. Her twin sister Ashley wasn't part of the honor.
- When she was young, she and Ashley used to call their _"Full House" (1987)_ (qv) co-stars by their characters' names so they wouldn't mess them up during taping.
- Parents are David & Jarnette (divorced)
- She and her sister became the youngest self-made millionaires in American history before they were 10 years old.
- Her favorite subjects in school are English and creative writing
- She is younger than Ashley by about 2 minutes
- Her favorite movie from 1986 is _Labyrinth (1986)_ (qv).