Mar. 26th, 1950
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
5' 7 1/2
Martin Short's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - The Spiderwick Chronicles
2007 - America The Beautiful
2006 - The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause
2002 - Treasure Planet
2001 - Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
2001 - Get Over It
1999 - Mumford
1998 - The Prince of Egypt
1997 - A Simple Wish
1997 - Jungle 2 Jungle
1996 - Mars Attacks!
1995 - Father of the Bride Part II
1994 - Clifford
1993 - We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story
1992 - Captain Ron
1991 - Pure Luck
1991 - Father of the Bride
1989 - Three Fugitives
1987 - InnerSpace
1986 - Three Amigos
Guest TV Roles
Doc the Elvis Presley freak
[no bio found]
- Brother-in-law of 'Bob Dolman (I)' (qv) and ex-brother-in-law of 'Andrea Martin (I)' (qv).
- Daughter Katherine Elizabeth Short currently attends New York University. She was chosen in 2003 to serve as Queen Shenandoah LXXVI for the Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival in Winchester, Virginia. She is an aspiring actress.
- On _"Inside the Actors Studio" (1994)_ (qv), said his favorite curse word is "poo".
- Brother of 'Michael Short (I)' (qv)
- Was supposed to host the 1994 season premiere of _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv), but he had to back out at the last minute. He was replaced by 'Steve Martin (I)' (qv).
- Owns a luxury vacation home in the affluent Ontario area of Muskoka, along with friends 'Tom Hanks' (qv) and 'Rita Wilson (I)' (qv), 'Kurt Russell (I)' (qv) and 'Goldie Hawn' (qv), and 'Steven Spielberg' (qv) and 'Kate Capshaw' (qv).
- Majored in social work at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario after beginning as a pre-med student and then studying sociology.
- Was nominated for the 2007 Tony Award for supporting or featured actor in a musical for Martin Short: Fame Becomes Me.