Aug. 3rd, 1940
Dayton, Ohio, USA
Guest TV Roles
Sly Sludge (Voiced)
Himself - Narrator
First Arresting Officer
Purposely flunked his college entrance exam to the University of Dayton so that he could pursue an acting career instead. His father wholeheartedly disapproved until he had gained popular success, not even seeing Martin act until he saw him on the screen at a drive-in in his hometown of Dayton, Ohio.
- Has memorized and can sing every single 'Frank Sinatra' (qv) song.
- (7 October 2000) Martin was one of 22 people arrested for crossing over a line established by the Air Force in an anti-militarization protest at California's Vandenberg Air Force base. He was charged with trespassing.
- His parents met at citizenship school in Dayton
- Is portrayed by 'James Hayden' (qv) in _The Patricia Neal Story (1981) (TV)_ (qv)
- As an admirer and supporter of actor 'James Dean (I)' (qv) and his legacy, he worked to preserve the high school in Fairmount that Dean attended. In addition, he has visited Fairmount for Dean-related events.
- Of all the U.S. presidents, he admires 'Jimmy Carter (I)' (qv) the most.
- [October 2006] Pursuing a three-year Bachelor of Arts degree in English literature, philosophy, and oceanography at the National University of Ireland (NUIG), Galway, Ireland.
- Has played American presidents four times; Jed Bartlett on TV series _"The West Wing" (1999)_ (qv), in the TV movie _Medusa's Child (1997) (TV)_ (qv), as 'John F. Kennedy' (qv) in the miniseries _"Kennedy" (1983)_ (qv), and as the "future" president (in a premonition) Greg Stilson in _The Dead Zone (1983)_ (qv).