Aug. 3rd, 1940
Dayton, Ohio, USA
Martin Sheen's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Purposely flunked his college entrance exam to the University of Dayton so that he could pursue an acting career instead. His father wholeheartedly disapproved until he had gained popular success, not even seeing Martin act until he saw him on the screen at a drive-in in his hometown of Dayton, Ohio.
- Auditioned for the role of Michael Corleone in _The Godfather (1972)_ (qv).
- Has played both Attorney General 'Robert F. Kennedy' (qv) in _The Missiles of October (1974) (TV)_ (qv) and President 'John F. Kennedy' (qv) in the mini-series _"Kennedy" (1983)_ (qv), and is the only actor to portray both brothers.
- Was considered for the recurring role of Sloan on _"Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" (1993)_ (qv).
- Along with 'Steve McQueen (I)' (qv) and 'James Dean (I)' (qv), is mentioned in R.E.M.'s song "Electrolite.".
- (27 June 2001) Pleaded guilty and was sentenced to three years probation for trespassing at an Air Force base during a protest against the United States building a missile defense system.
- Born at 8:03 p.m. ET.
- His father, Francisco Estevez, died shortly before the premiere of _"Blind Ambition" (1979)_ (qv). As he was unable to attend the funeral, Martin mourned his father in the scene in which John Dean cries in his jail cell.
- Is portrayed by 'James Hayden' (qv) in _The Patricia Neal Story (1981) (TV)_ (qv)