Aug. 3rd, 1940
Dayton, Ohio, USA
Guest TV Roles
Sly Sludge (Voiced)
Himself - Narrator
First Arresting Officer
Purposely flunked his college entrance exam to the University of Dayton so that he could pursue an acting career instead. His father wholeheartedly disapproved until he had gained popular success, not even seeing Martin act until he saw him on the screen at a drive-in in his hometown of Dayton, Ohio.
- His left arm is 3" shorter than his right due to complications during his birth.
- His mother, Mary Ann Phelan, was an Irish immigrant with IRA connections, and his father, Francisco Estevez, was a Spaniard who came to the U.S. by way of Cuba.
- According to friends and family, he is closest to son Charlie than anyone else. Indeed, he and Charlie often appear together on the screen, and Martin has even played Charlie's on-screen father twice. He also appeared as an older "Charlie" in a credit-card commercial.
- Was considered for the recurring role of Sloan on _"Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" (1993)_ (qv).
- Brother of actor 'Joe Estevez' (qv).
- Has played both Attorney General 'Robert F. Kennedy' (qv) in _The Missiles of October (1974) (TV)_ (qv) and President 'John F. Kennedy' (qv) in the mini-series _"Kennedy" (1983)_ (qv), and is the only actor to portray both brothers.
- As an admirer and supporter of actor 'James Dean (I)' (qv) and his legacy, he worked to preserve the high school in Fairmount that Dean attended. In addition, he has visited Fairmount for Dean-related events.
- Considers his late West Wing co-star 'John Spencer (I)' (qv) his best friend. Like Spencer, Sheen successfully recovered from drug and alcohol addictions.