Aug. 3rd, 1940
Dayton, Ohio, USA
Martin Sheen's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Purposely flunked his college entrance exam to the University of Dayton so that he could pursue an acting career instead. His father wholeheartedly disapproved until he had gained popular success, not even seeing Martin act until he saw him on the screen at a drive-in in his hometown of Dayton, Ohio.
- Was considered for the role of Sgt.Max Greevey on _"Law & Order" (1990)_ (qv).
- As an admirer and supporter of actor 'James Dean (I)' (qv) and his legacy, he worked to preserve the high school in Fairmount that Dean attended. In addition, he has visited Fairmount for Dean-related events.
- Suffered a severe heart attack while filming _Apocalypse Now (1979)_ (qv).
- Has memorized and can sing every single 'Frank Sinatra' (qv) song.
- Born at 8:03 p.m. ET.
- His admiration for the Rev. 'Fulton J. Sheen' (qv) prompted him to adopt the bishop's name for his acting career.
- (7 October 2000) Martin was one of 22 people arrested for crossing over a line established by the Air Force in an anti-militarization protest at California's Vandenberg Air Force base. He was charged with trespassing.
- Of all the U.S. presidents, he admires 'Jimmy Carter (I)' (qv) the most.