Aug. 3rd, 1940
Dayton, Ohio, USA
Guest TV Roles
Sly Sludge (Voiced)
Himself - Narrator
Reverend Bill Thompson
Purposely flunked his college entrance exam to the University of Dayton so that he could pursue an acting career instead. His father wholeheartedly disapproved until he had gained popular success, not even seeing Martin act until he saw him on the screen at a drive-in in his hometown of Dayton, Ohio.
- Of all the U.S. presidents, he admires 'Jimmy Carter (I)' (qv) the most.
- Publicly credited 'Carroll O'Connor' (qv) for helping his son Charlie to get off drugs and back on the right track. He read one of the scriptures at Carroll's funeral.
- (7 October 2000) Martin was one of 22 people arrested for crossing over a line established by the Air Force in an anti-militarization protest at California's Vandenberg Air Force base. He was charged with trespassing.
- His mother, Mary Ann Phelan, was an Irish immigrant with IRA connections, and his father, Francisco Estevez, was a Spaniard who came to the U.S. by way of Cuba.
- Has played both Attorney General 'Robert F. Kennedy' (qv) in _The Missiles of October (1974) (TV)_ (qv) and President 'John F. Kennedy' (qv) in the mini-series _"Kennedy" (1983)_ (qv), and is the only actor to portray both brothers.
- As an admirer and supporter of actor 'James Dean (I)' (qv) and his legacy, he worked to preserve the high school in Fairmount that Dean attended. In addition, he has visited Fairmount for Dean-related events.
- His parents met at citizenship school in Dayton
- Brother of actor 'Joe Estevez' (qv).