Aug. 3rd, 1940
Dayton, Ohio, USA
Guest TV Roles
Sly Sludge (Voiced)
Himself - Narrator
Rev. Bill Thompson
First Arresting Officer
Purposely flunked his college entrance exam to the University of Dayton so that he could pursue an acting career instead. His father wholeheartedly disapproved until he had gained popular success, not even seeing Martin act until he saw him on the screen at a drive-in in his hometown of Dayton, Ohio.
- Stumped in Florida for Democratic gubernatorial candidate 'Janet Reno' (qv) in her unsuccessful campaign against sitting Gov. 'Jeb Bush' (qv), June 2002. Reno also drew major support from 'Rosie O'Donnell' (qv) and 'Elton John' (qv).
- Along with 'Steve McQueen (I)' (qv) and 'James Dean (I)' (qv), is mentioned in R.E.M.'s song "Electrolite.".
- Father of 'Charlie Sheen (I)' (qv), 'Emilio Estevez' (qv), 'Renée Estevez' (qv) and 'Ramon Estevez' (qv).
- Has played both Attorney General 'Robert F. Kennedy' (qv) in _The Missiles of October (1974) (TV)_ (qv) and President 'John F. Kennedy' (qv) in the mini-series _"Kennedy" (1983)_ (qv), and is the only actor to portray both brothers.
- Due to his commitment to _"The West Wing" (1999)_ (qv), was unable to reprise the role of Robert E. Lee in the _Gettysburg (1993)_ (qv) prequel, _Gods and Generals (2003)_ (qv). The role was instead played by Lee descendant 'Robert Duvall' (qv), who starred with Sheen in the popular Vietnam War film _Apocalypse Now (1979)_ (qv).
- Was considered for the role of Sgt.Max Greevey on _"Law & Order" (1990)_ (qv).
- As an admirer and supporter of actor 'James Dean (I)' (qv) and his legacy, he worked to preserve the high school in Fairmount that Dean attended. In addition, he has visited Fairmount for Dean-related events.
- Ranked #5 on Tropopkin's Top 25 Most Intriguing People [Issue #100]