Aug. 3rd, 1940
Dayton, Ohio, USA
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Purposely flunked his college entrance exam to the University of Dayton so that he could pursue an acting career instead. His father wholeheartedly disapproved until he had gained popular success, not even seeing Martin act until he saw him on the screen at a drive-in in his hometown of Dayton, Ohio.
- Was arrested more than 70 times, mainly for liberal protests.
- His parents met at citizenship school in Dayton
- Never officially changed his real name to his stage one. He is still Ramon Estevez on all identifications and legal documents, and all his children were born under that name. He answers to both names with friends, but his wife first met him as Martin (he did not tell her his real name until weeks later) and as a result she still calls him that.
- Born at 8:03 p.m. ET.
- Is the seventh of ten children
- Brother of actor 'Joe Estevez' (qv).
- In 2004, he was listed as an endorser of March for Women's Lives. After learning about this, Feminists for Life, an organization that named him as a "Remarkable Pro-Life Man" in 2001, brought this to his attention, informing him that March for Women's Lives was a pro-choice group. At his request, March for Women's Lives removed his name from their list.
- He can only put his jacket on by flipping it over his head (like Bartlet in _"The West Wing" (1999)_ (qv)). His left arm was crushed by forceps when he was born and he has limited lateral movement.