Aug. 3rd, 1940
Dayton, Ohio, USA
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Purposely flunked his college entrance exam to the University of Dayton so that he could pursue an acting career instead. His father wholeheartedly disapproved until he had gained popular success, not even seeing Martin act until he saw him on the screen at a drive-in in his hometown of Dayton, Ohio.
- His mother, Mary Ann Phelan, was an Irish immigrant with IRA connections, and his father, Francisco Estevez, was a Spaniard who came to the U.S. by way of Cuba.
- (7 October 2000) Martin was one of 22 people arrested for crossing over a line established by the Air Force in an anti-militarization protest at California's Vandenberg Air Force base. He was charged with trespassing.
- Has played both Attorney General 'Robert F. Kennedy' (qv) in _The Missiles of October (1974) (TV)_ (qv) and President 'John F. Kennedy' (qv) in the mini-series _"Kennedy" (1983)_ (qv), and is the only actor to portray both brothers.
- Of all the U.S. presidents, he admires 'Jimmy Carter (I)' (qv) the most.
- (27 June 2001) Pleaded guilty and was sentenced to three years probation for trespassing at an Air Force base during a protest against the United States building a missile defense system.
- Received an honorary doctor of letters degree from Marquette University (2003) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, during the dedication of the school's new library (according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel web site).
- Ranked #5 on Tropopkin's Top 25 Most Intriguing People [Issue #100]
- Was arrested more than 70 times, mainly for liberal protests.