Jun. 1st, 1959
King's Lynn, Norfolk, England, UK
5' 7 1/2"
Martin Brundle's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Motorsport Commentator
Ex-Formula One racing driver who drove for Tyrrell (1984-86), Zakspeed (1987), Williams (1988 - 1 GP), Brabham (1989, 1991) Benetton (1992), Ligier (1993, 1995), McLaren (1994), and Jordan (1996). He was the World Sportscar champion of 1988 and won the Le Mans 24 Hours in 1990.
In 1997, Brundle became a Formula One co-commentator on "ITV - Formula One" (1997) for British television alongside Murray Walker (I), and remained there for the programme's entire run, winning the RTS Television Sports Award for best Sports Pundit four times: in 1998, 1999, 2005 and 2006.
He now co-commentates for the BBC's Formula One coverage.
Brundle can be considered one of the best modern day Formula One drivers to have not won a Grand Prix, scoring multiple podium and points finishes in sub-standard cars.
- 'David Cronenberg' (qv) named the Seth Brundle character played by 'Jeff Goldblum' (qv) in _The Fly (1986)_ (qv) after him. In the sequel, _The Fly II (1989)_ (qv), Seth's son was named Martin and was played by 'Eric Stoltz' (qv).
- Parents: John (d.1996) and Alma. Siblings: Robin and Helen.
- Managed 'David Coulthard' (qv) from 1998 until his retirement in 2008.
- Is good friends with former F1 teammate and _"ITV - Formula One" (1997)_ (qv) colleague 'Mark Blundell (II)' (qv). Together they set up 2MB Sports Management, a management service for racing drivers, in 2005.
- Has one daughter, Charlotte - nicknamed Charlie (b.c.1987); and has one son, Alex (b.1990), who races in Formula Palmer Audi, following in his father's footsteps.
Related sites for this celeb