Aug. 3rd, 1941
Nutley, New Jersey
5' 9 1/2
Martha Stewart's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Martha Helen Stewart is an American businesswoman, writer, and television personality, known for Martha Stewart Living, Martha and Martha & Snoop's Potluck Dinner Party.
- Her mother is also named Martha.
- Convicted of four felony charges on 5 March 2004: conspiracy to obstruct justice, make false statements, and commit perjury; false statements (2 counts); obstruction of justice. Result of investigation into her sale of ImClone stock.
- In 2006, she donated $5 million to New York's Mt. Sinai Hospital for a center on healthy aging.
- One of the first female stockbrokers (at Perlberg, Monness, Williams and Sidel) on Wall Street. She got her license on 14 August 1968.
- Used to work as a model to pay her college tuition.
- One of Glamour magazine's "Best Dressed College Girls of 1961."
- Cites _Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House (1948)_ (qv), _'Round Midnight (1986)_ (qv), and _Choose Me (1984)_ (qv) as her must-have movies.
- Due to her criminal record, she was forced to cancel her trip to Nova Scotia to attend an annual pumpkin festival in October 2005. In the past she would have been free to go, but because of her record requires a visa to enter Canada. Days later she was granted a visa in record time thus drawing the ire of critics who say that she was given undue political favor.