Sep. 2nd, 1951
Burbank, California, USA
Mark Harmon's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Weather Girl
2004 - Chasing Liberty
2003 - Freaky Friday
1998 - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
1995 - Magic in the Water
1994 - Wyatt Earp
1994 - Natural Born Killers
1989 - Worth Winning
1988 - Stealing Home
1988 - The Presidio
1987 - Summer School
1986 - Let's Get Harry
1979 - Beyond the Poseidon Adventure
1978 - Comes a Horseman
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Robert Caldwell
Deputy Dwayne 'Thib' Thibideaux
Agent Simon Donovan
Special Agent Jethro Gibbs
Officer Gus Corbin
With an athletic father and an actress mother, it is no surprise Harmon played college football and has found success as one of TV's hunkiest actors. While most of his roles have relied on little more than good looks, Harmon was impressive as the suave doctor on St. Elsewhere (1982) who contracted AIDS.
- Good friends with 'David Bortolucci' (qv).
- No relation to 'Angie Harmon' (qv).
- Graduated cum laude from UCLA, 1974, with degree in communications. Also played quarterback for UCLA Bruins, 1972-73 winning National Football Foundation Award for all-round excellence.
- Grandson of William Franklin Knox, United States Secretary of the Navy during World War II and Republican candidate for Vice President in 1936.
- Risked his life to save two teenage boys who were involved in a car accident outside of his home. Harmon used a sledge hammer from his garage to break the window out of their car then pulled them free so they wouldn't be burned to death, while his wife 'Pam Dawber' (qv) called 911. He made every effort to downplay his role in saving their lives. .
- Father, 'Tom Harmon (I)' (qv), played for the University of Michigan Wolverines and won the 1940 Heisman Trophy emblematic of the best player in the nation.
- Worked as a carpenter before he hit it big.
- His godfather 'Forest Evashevski (I)' (qv) is in the National Football Foundation Hall of Fame.