Sep. 2nd, 1951
Burbank, California, USA
Mark Harmon's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
With an athletic father and an actress mother, it is no surprise Harmon played college football and has found success as one of TV's hunkiest actors. While most of his roles have relied on little more than good looks, Harmon was impressive as the suave doctor on St. Elsewhere (1982) who contracted AIDS.
- Father, 'Tom Harmon (I)' (qv), played for the University of Michigan Wolverines and won the 1940 Heisman Trophy emblematic of the best player in the nation.
- His godfather 'Forest Evashevski (I)' (qv) is in the National Football Foundation Hall of Fame.
- Risked his life to save two teenage boys who were involved in a car accident outside of his home. Harmon used a sledge hammer from his garage to break the window out of their car then pulled them free so they wouldn't be burned to death, while his wife 'Pam Dawber' (qv) called 911. He made every effort to downplay his role in saving their lives. .
- Harmon and 'Pam Dawber' (qv) have two children: 'Sean Harmon (I)' (qv) born 25 April 1988 and Ty Christian Harmon born 25 June 1992.
- No relation to 'Angie Harmon' (qv).
- Graduated cum laude from UCLA, 1974, with degree in communications. Also played quarterback for UCLA Bruins, 1972-73 winning National Football Foundation Award for all-round excellence.
- Worked as a carpenter before he hit it big.
- Grandson of William Franklin Knox, United States Secretary of the Navy during World War II and Republican candidate for Vice President in 1936.