Sep. 25th, 1951
Concord, California, USA
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Jak (Voiced)
Firelord Ozai (Voiced)
Solomon Grundy (Voiced)
His father was a captain in the United States Navy; he grew up in California, Virginia, New York and Japan. He majored in drama at Los Angeles City College and made his acting debut on The Bill Cosby Show (1969) in 1970. He played a continuing role (Kent Murray) in TV's General Hospital (1963) and co-starred in the respected TV comedy series The Texas Wheelers (1974). Real fame came with his film debut (he was voice only in Wizards (1977) with the hero role of Luke Skywalker in Star Wars (1977), Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980) and Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983). He experienced a disfiguring car crash, but later played in Broadway, returning to film in 1989.
- Attended Nile C. Kinnick High School (known as Yo-Hi) in Yokohama, Japan, where as a senior he played Henry Aldrich in the high school production of Clifford Goldsmith's "What A Life," Naval Base. School is now on the Yokosuka Naval Base in Japan, where it is known by its original name, Kinnick High. Original site of the high school where Hamill acted is now a MyCal department store.
- He accidentally hit 'Peter Stormare' (qv) during a fight scene in _Hamilton (1998)_ (qv).
- In 1995, he appeared in _Village of the Damned (1995)_ (qv) for director 'John Carpenter (I)' (qv). That same year, Carpenter released another movie: _In the Mouth of Madness (1994)_ (qv). A newspaper boy was played by 'Hayden Christensen' (qv), who went on to play his father (Anakin Skywalker) in the Star Wars prequels.
- Played the infamous Flash villain, The Trickster aka James Jesse (a word play for old west bandit Jesse James, a popular stunt for "Flash" creator 'Gardner Fox' (qv) and other series writers), in both the short lived live action CBS series _"The Flash" (1990)_ (qv), in 1991 (two episodes), and in the _"Justice League" (2001)_ (qv) animated series in 2005, in the episode "Flash and Substance".
- Hamill met his wife, Mary Lou York, when she was his dental hygienist.
- Though in the Star Wars trilogy he shoots a pistol and swings a light saber right- handed, he eats and writes left-handed. He can be seen eating left-handed in _Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)_ (qv) when in Yoda's home and writing left-handed on a guest appearance on the show _"3rd Rock from the Sun" (1996)_ (qv).
- Trained with sword master 'Bob Anderson (III)' (qv) for his role as 'Luke Skywalker' (qv); Anderson also trained 'David Prowse (I)' (qv) (Darth Vader).
- Is one quarter Swedish.