Mar. 1st, 1974
Panorama City, California, USA
Mark-Paul Gosselaar's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1998 - Dead Man on Campus
Guest TV Roles
Zachary 'Zack' Morris (Voiced)
Tim Conrad (segment "What Are Friends For?")
Mark-Paul Harry Gosselaar was born on March 1, 1974, in Panorama, California. He was born to Dutch father Hans Gosselaar and Indonesian mother Paula Gosselaar, who are now divorced. He has an older brother named Mike and two older sisters named Linda and Sylvia. In 1989, after a career with small movies and commercials, Gosselaar started in the teen hit "Saved by the Bell" (1989), in which he was romantically linked with his co-star Tiffani Thiessen who played his girlfriend "Kelly Kapowski" throughout the show's run. Their characters eventually married each other after the show and its spin-off "Saved by the Bell: The College Years" (1993) ended production. It was there he met his now-wife, Lisa Ann Russell, whom he married in 1996 in Maui, Hawaii.
His career includes extensive work in film and television. Most recently, he starred with Gina Davis in "Commander in Chief" (2005) for executive producer Steven Bochco, with whom he also worked when he starred as detective "John Clark" in Bochco's critically acclaimed drama "NYPD Blue" (1993)
Gosselaar's other television credits include the television movies Atomic Twister (2002) (TV), The Princess & the Marine (2001) (TV), For the Love of Nancy (1994) (TV), Saved by the Bell: Wedding in Las Vegas (1994) (TV), She Cried No (1996) (TV), Dying to Belong (1997) (TV) and Born Into Exile (1997) (TV).
On the big screen, Gosselaar starred in Dead Man on Campus (1998), as well as the independent films Beer Money (2001) (TV) and Sticks and Stones (2008) (TV).
Gosselaar's sporting interests include cycling, motorcross and auto racing. He is also an avid pilot. Gosselaar lives outside of Los Angeles with his wife, Lisa, and their 2 children.
- Older brother Mike, older sisters Sylvia and Linda, all three are born in Netherlands.
- Colored his hair blonde in every episode of _"Saved by the Bell" (1989)_ (qv).
- Parents: father - Hans (Dutch), mother - Paula (of Indonesian descent)
- Still keeps in touch with his _"Saved by the Bell" (1989)_ (qv) co-star 'Mario López (I)' (qv).
- Lists "Running Zack", the episode where Zack explores and learns about his Native American heritage and forms a close bond with a local Indian, as his favorite episode of _"Saved by the Bell" (1989)_ (qv).
- Was in a relationship with _"Saved by the Bell" (1989)_ (qv) co-star 'Lark Voorhies' (qv) for three years during production of the show. They were together from 1989-1992.
- Has competed as a celebrity race car driver.
- Children: Michael Charles Gosselaar (b. January 31, 2004) and Ava Lorenn Gosselaar (b. May 7, 2006). Both were born in Los Angeles, California.