Oct. 25th, 1928
Albert Lea, Minnesota, USA
Marion Ross' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Beloved television actress Marion Ross was born on October 25, 1928, in Albert Lea, Minnesota, and dreamed of becoming an actress at an early age. When Ross was just 13 years old, she changed the spelling of her name from "Marian" to "Marion" because she thought it would look better on a marquee. She started taking drama lessons as a high school student at Minneapolis' MacPhail Center for the Arts.
As a teenager, Ross and her family moved to San Diego, California, where she enrolled at San Diego State College. There, she continued to pursue her passion for performing. Ross's talent became apparent early on—she earned the title of "most outstanding actress" during her first year.
- She lives in the San Fernando Valley, California in a country-style home which she calls "Happy Days farm"
- She appeared on Broadway in 1987 with 'Jean Stapleton' (qv) in a revival of "Arsenic and Old Lace."
- Lives with 'Paul Michael (IV)' (qv)
- She is the Associate Artist for the Old Globe Theater in San Diego, California.
- At the age of 13, she changed the spelling of her name from "Marian" to "Marion" because she thought it would look better on a marquee.
- Mother-in-law of 'Tamra Meskimen' (qv).
- Older sister, Alicia, and younger brother, Gordon.
- Mother of actor 'Jim Meskimen' (qv) and actress 'Ellen Plummer' (qv).