Oct. 25th, 1928
Albert Lea, Minnesota, USA
Marion Ross' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Superhero Movie
2007 - Smiley Face
2007 - Music Within
1996 - The Evening Star
1977 - Grand Theft Auto
1970 - Colossus: The Forbin Project
1970 - Airport
1959 - Operation Petticoat
1958 - Teacher's Pet
1956 - Lust for Life
1956 - Around the World in Eighty Days
1954 - Secret of the Incas
1954 - Sabrina
1954 - Pushover
1954 - The Glenn Miller Story
Guest TV Roles
Mrs. Lopart (Voiced)
Mrs. von Hausen (Voiced)
Beloved television actress Marion Ross was born on October 25, 1928, in Albert Lea, Minnesota, and dreamed of becoming an actress at an early age. When Ross was just 13 years old, she changed the spelling of her name from "Marian" to "Marion" because she thought it would look better on a marquee. She started taking drama lessons as a high school student at Minneapolis' MacPhail Center for the Arts.
As a teenager, Ross and her family moved to San Diego, California, where she enrolled at San Diego State College. There, she continued to pursue her passion for performing. Ross's talent became apparent early on—she earned the title of "most outstanding actress" during her first year.
- Older sister, Alicia, and younger brother, Gordon.
- Mother of actor 'Jim Meskimen' (qv) and actress 'Ellen Plummer' (qv).
- She appeared on Broadway in 1987 with 'Jean Stapleton' (qv) in a revival of "Arsenic and Old Lace."
- She is the Associate Artist for the Old Globe Theater in San Diego, California.
- Lives with 'Paul Michael (IV)' (qv)
- She lives in the San Fernando Valley, California in a country-style home which she calls "Happy Days farm"
- At the age of 13, she changed the spelling of her name from "Marian" to "Marion" because she thought it would look better on a marquee.
- Best remembered by the public for her role as "Marion Cunningham" on the television series _"Happy Days" (1974)_ (qv).