Oct. 10th, 1973
San Diego, California, USA
Mario López's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Get Him To the Greek
2000 - A Crack in the Floor
1988 - Colors
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in San Diego, California, on October 10th, 1973, to Mario Sr. and Elvira, Mario Lopez's first professional role was on the series, "a.k.a. Pablo" (1984). Mario is probably best known to youngsters, however, as A.C. Slater from NBC's popular 1980s teen comedy series "Saved by the Bell" (1989).
Among Mario's other credits are several other popular television series, such as "Pacific Blue" (1996) and the movies Colors (1988), Depraved (1996) and Eastside (1999). Mario has also proven himself as a talented presenter and has already hosted such series as "Name Your Adventure" (1993), "The Other Half" (2001) and "Pet Star" (2003).
- Briefly worked at Coggin Honda in Orlando, Florida.
- He is a talented drummer and played drums on the 80s show _"Kids Incorporated" (1984)_ (qv).
- Is of Mexican descent.
- Mario Lopez was a state placewinner in California at 189 pounds in 1990, contrary to popular belief, he was not a state champion. He ended up taking 7th Place at the California State High School tournament as a senior.
- Close friend of 'Eva Longoria Parker' (qv) since 1992.
- Has a younger sister, Marissa, who is married to ex-Houston Texans linebacker, Kailee Wong.
- Athletics aside, his true passion in life is dancing. He has aspirations of one day dancing at Radio City music hall in New York City.
- Before being cast in _"Saved by the Bell" (1989)_ (qv), Lopez was a dancer.