Oct. 10th, 1973
San Diego, California, USA
Mario López's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in San Diego, California, on October 10th, 1973, to Mario Sr. and Elvira, Mario Lopez's first professional role was on the series, a.k.a. Pablo (1984). Mario is probably best known to youngsters, however, as A.C. Slater from NBC's popular 1980s teen comedy series Saved by the Bell (1989).
Among Mario's other credits are several other popular television series, such as Pacific Blue (1996) and the movies Colors (1988), Depraved (1996) and Eastside (1999). Mario has also proven himself as a talented presenter and has already hosted such series as Name Your Adventure (1993), The Other Half (2001) and Pet Star (2003).
- Mario Lopez was a state placewinner in California at 189 pounds in 1990, contrary to popular belief, he was not a state champion. He ended up taking 7th Place at the California State High School tournament as a senior.
- He is a talented drummer and played drums on the 80s show _"Kids Incorporated" (1984)_ (qv).
- Is of Mexican descent.
- Close friend of 'Eva Longoria Parker' (qv) since 1992.
- Before being cast in _"Saved by the Bell" (1989)_ (qv), Lopez was a dancer.
- He allegedly cheated on his wife-to-be, actress 'Ali Landry' (qv), one day before the wedding and after the wedding. He was caught by onlookers cheating at his bachelor party. This is why 'Ali Landry' (qv) got the marriage annulled.
- Has a younger sister, Marissa, who is married to ex-Houston Texans linebacker, Kailee Wong.
- Briefly worked at Coggin Honda in Orlando, Florida.