Jan. 5th, 1969
Canton, Ohio, USA
Marilyn Manson's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles2013 - Wrong Cops
2008 - Religulous
2003 - Party Monster
2002 - Bowling for Columbine
1999 - Jawbreaker
1997 - Lost Highway
Guest TV Roles
The Dark Man
Roller Rink Server
The Shadow (Voiced)
Himself - Audience
Marilyn Manson was originally a music journalist before he got into music. He moved to Florida when he was 18 and began to write stories & poems. He tried to get his poems and stories published by various magazines, but continued to be turned down. It was when covering "Nine Inch Nails" for his magazine that Brian Warner was given an opportunity to meet Trent Reznor, who sponsored Warner's upstart band and eventually produced their first three albums (including the E.P. Smells Like Children). Scott Mitchell Putesky (a.k.a. Daisy Berkowitz) originally played lead guitar for the band but was fired during the recording of "Antichrist Superstar". He features on only three songs.
- The cover of the Mechanical Animals CD caused the album to be banned from many stores because it showed Mr. Manson as a naked alien.
- (March 2003) His 1996 album "Antichrist Superstar" came fifth in Classic Rock Magazine's list of the 30 greatest concept albums of all time.
- Was originally approached to do the musical score of the remake of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" but had to drop out at the last minute due to schedule complications resulting from the release of The Golden Age of Grotesque.
- In his free time he paints and writes.
- The cover of the Mechanical Animals CD was edited in Japan because it showed Mr. Manson with 6 fingers on his left hand and NOT because he was "naked."
- His album, The Golden Age of Grotesque debuted at #1 on the charts in the US and all over Europe. It is his second album to debut at #1. The Album "Mechanical Animals" debuted at # 1 on Billboard in 1998.
- Lives in Los Angeles.
- One of his heroes is Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx.