Jan. 5th, 1969
Canton, Ohio, USA
Marilyn Manson's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Marilyn Manson was originally a music journalist before he got into music. He moved to Florida when he was 18 and began to write stories & poems. He tried to get his poems and stories published by various magazines, but continued to be turned down. It was when covering "Nine Inch Nails" for his magazine that Brian Warner was given an opportunity to meet Trent Reznor, who sponsored Warner's upstart band and eventually produced their first three albums (including the E.P. Smells Like Children). Scott Mitchell Putesky (a.k.a. Daisy Berkowitz) originally played lead guitar for the band but was fired during the recording of "Antichrist Superstar". He features on only three songs.
- In his free time he paints and writes.
- His name comes from com-binding the first name of famed move starlet - 'Marilyn Monroe' (qv) - and the last name of infamous cult leader/mass murderer - 'Charles Manson' (qv).
- Has a contact lense style named after him, "The Marilyn Manson Look."
- (March 2003) His 1996 album "Antichrist Superstar" came fifth in Classic Rock Magazine's list of the 30 greatest concept albums of all time.
- Owns a home in Los Angeles once used as a studio by The Rolling Stones.
- Was originally approached to do the musical score of the remake of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" but had to drop out at the last minute due to schedule complications resulting from the release of The Golden Age of Grotesque.
- His parents are Hugh and Barb Warner.
- (1998-2001) Engaged to 'Rose McGowan (I)' (qv).