Apr. 26th, 1967
London, England, UK
Marianne Jean-Baptiste's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Takers
2008 - City of Ember
2001 - Spy Game
2000 - 28 Days
2000 - The Cell
1998 - A Murder of Crows
1996 - Secrets & Lies
Guest TV Roles
Judge Patricia Seabrook
[no bio found]
- In 1997, became the first black actress to fail to receive an NAACP Image Award nomination for an Oscar nominated role since the establishment of the awards.
- Her husband, Evan, is a ballet dancer.
- Recorded an album of blues songs. Also a writer/composer.
- Claimed racism after being excluded from the actor group promoting British talent at the Cannes Film Festival.
- Mother of Pascale Williams.
- Best known for her colloboration with director 'Mike Leigh' (qv) on stage "It's a Great Big Shame" (1993), and especially the breakout film _Secrets & Lies (1996)_ (qv). She also composed the musical score for Leigh's 1997 film _Career Girls (1997)_ (qv).
- Classically trained at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London and performed at the Royal National Theatre.
- She became a star overnight following the international success of the social drama _Secrets & Lies (1996)_ (qv) in 1996, becoming the very first black British actress nominated for an Oscar award.