Jun. 8th, 1978
Medford, Massachusetts, USA
Maria Menounos' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - The Right Kind Of Wrong
2008 - Tropic Thunder
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Maria Menounos (Greek:Μαρία Μενούνου) (born June 8, 1978) is an American actress, journalist, television presenter and occasional professional wrestler known in The United States for her appearances as a correspondent for Today, Access Hollywood, Extra, and abroad for co-hosting the Eurovision Song Contest 2006 in Athens, Greece.
- Resides on a rare Southern Victorian estate with her adopted dogs.
- Sang in her church choir from grade school to college.
- When a contestant in the Miss Teen USA Pageant in 1996, representing the state of Massachussetts, Miss Menounos was asked by pageant host 'Bob Goen' (qv) what she would like to do when she "grew up." Her response was "I want to work with you at E.T., Bob!". Her wish came true when she joined _"Entertainment Tonight" (1981)_ (qv) six years later as a correspondent for the show. She also answered viewers' questions about celebrities at the E.T. website (etonline.com), where her page was called 'Maria's Mailbox'.
- Holds the elite distinction of being the youngest person to ever co-host _"Entertainment Tonight" (1981)_ (qv) (age 22).
- Played basketball in high school.
- Founded umbrella-like charity "Take Action Hollywood" as a result of supporting so many causes. Her most sacred include diabetes research, pet over population and adoption, animal cruelty prevention, worldwide AIDS relief and awareness, general support and relief of allied troops and their loved ones.
- Worked at Dunkin Donuts, making and selling donuts through junior high and high school.
- Great fan of Turner Classic Movies. Looks forward to each Febuary, for TCM's annual month long salute to Oscar.