Jun. 29th, 1957
5' 6 1/2"
Maria Conchita Alonso's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Journey of a Female Comic
2013 - The Lords of Salem
2009 - Spread
2009 - Dark Moon Rising
2008 - The Art of Travel
2006 - Material Girls
2000 - Chain of Command
1997 - Acts of Betrayal
1996 - Caught
1993 - The House of the Spirits
1991 - McBain
1990 - Predator 2
1988 - Colors
1987 - Extreme Prejudice
1987 - The Running Man
1986 - A Fine Mess
1986 - Touch and Go
1984 - Moscow on the Hudson
1984 - Fear City
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Cuba, but raised in Caracas, Venezuela, Maria Conchita Alonso was crowned Miss Teenager of the World in 1971 and Miss Venezuela in 1975. She became a popular actress in Latin America, working in ten telenovelas (soap operas) and starred in a quartet of Venezuelan films. She was also a popular singer, and has three Grammy nominations. In 1982, she emigrated to the US, and made her Hollywood film debut in 1984 in Paul Mazursky's Moscow on the Hudson (1984), opposite Robin Williams (I). In 1995 she was playing "Aurora/Spider Woman" in a Broadway production of "Kiss of the Spider Woman", making her the first South American woman to star on the Great White Way.
- (29 October 1984) she gave a concert in "El Junquito", a prison in Caracas, Venezuela.
- In 2005, she launched her own fashion line called "Soy".
- Miss Distrito Federal 1975
- Was considered for the role of Eva Peron in _Evita (1996)_ (qv).
- She has her own record label Ambar Entertainment, and her own production company called Ambyth Prods.
- Father: Ricardo Alonso Mother: Conchita Bustillo Brothers: Ricardo and Robert Alonso
- Speaks 4 languages - Spanish, English, French and Italian
- Was originally considered for the part of Matron in _Edmond (2005)_ (qv), but had to decline because she had a tour in Mexico during the time the film would be shot. The role was eventually given to 'Debi Mazar' (qv).