Jun. 29th, 1957
5' 6 1/2"
Maria Conchita Alonso's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Journey of a Female Comic
2013 - The Lords of Salem
2009 - Spread
2009 - Dark Moon Rising
2008 - The Art of Travel
2006 - Material Girls
2000 - Chain of Command
1997 - Acts of Betrayal
1996 - Caught
1993 - The House of the Spirits
1991 - McBain
1990 - Predator 2
1988 - Colors
1988 - Vampire's Kiss
1987 - Extreme Prejudice
1987 - The Running Man
1986 - Touch and Go
1986 - A Fine Mess
1984 - Moscow on the Hudson
1984 - Fear City
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Sandra Pena
Marie Elena Casafranca
Born in Cuba, but raised in Caracas, Venezuela, Maria Conchita Alonso was crowned Miss Teenager of the World in 1971 and Miss Venezuela in 1975. She became a popular actress in Latin America, working in ten telenovelas (soap operas) and starred in a quartet of Venezuelan films. She was also a popular singer, and has three Grammy nominations. In 1982, she emigrated to the US, and made her Hollywood film debut in 1984 in Paul Mazursky's Moscow on the Hudson (1984), opposite Robin Williams (I). In 1995 she was playing "Aurora/Spider Woman" in a Broadway production of "Kiss of the Spider Woman", making her the first South American woman to star on the Great White Way.
- Schooled in Switzerland and Spain
- (29 October 1984) she gave a concert in "El Junquito", a prison in Caracas, Venezuela.
- Father: Ricardo Alonso Mother: Conchita Bustillo Brothers: Ricardo and Robert Alonso
- Was considered for the role of Eva Peron in _Evita (1996)_ (qv).
- In the early 80s, she released two albums under the nickname of Ambar, (Love Maniac and The Witch), with huge success.
- Was initially offered the role of Lupe Lamora in _Licence to Kill (1989)_ (qv), but dropped out, and the role was given to 'Talisa Soto' (qv).
- Speaks 4 languages - Spanish, English, French and Italian
- She has her own record label Ambar Entertainment, and her own production company called Ambyth Prods.