Jun. 29th, 1957
5' 6 1/2"
Maria Conchita Alonso's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Cuba, but raised in Caracas, Venezuela, Maria Conchita Alonso was crowned Miss Teenager of the World in 1971 and Miss Venezuela in 1975. She became a popular actress in Latin America, working in ten telenovelas (soap operas) and starred in a quartet of Venezuelan films. She was also a popular singer, and has three Grammy nominations. In 1982, she emigrated to the US, and made her Hollywood film debut in 1984 in Paul Mazursky's Moscow on the Hudson (1984), opposite Robin Williams (I). In 1995 she was playing "Aurora/Spider Woman" in a Broadway production of "Kiss of the Spider Woman", making her the first South American woman to star on the Great White Way.
- Miss Teen World 1971, Miss Venezuela 1975.
- Speaks 4 languages - Spanish, English, French and Italian
- In the early 80s, she released two albums under the nickname of Ambar, (Love Maniac and The Witch), with huge success.
- In 2005, she launched her own fashion line called "Soy".
- Was considered for the role of Eva Peron in _Evita (1996)_ (qv).
- Father: Ricardo Alonso Mother: Conchita Bustillo Brothers: Ricardo and Robert Alonso
- Was initially offered the role of Lupe Lamora in _Licence to Kill (1989)_ (qv), but dropped out, and the role was given to 'Talisa Soto' (qv).
- 6th in Miss World 1975