Maria Conchita Alonso
Jun. 29th, 1957
5' 6 1/2"
Maria Conchita Alonso's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Dark Moon Rising
2009 - Spread
2008 - The Art of Travel
2006 - Material Girls
1997 - Acts of Betrayal
1996 - Caught
1993 - The House of the Spirits
1991 - McBain
1990 - Predator 2
1988 - Vampire's Kiss
1988 - Colors
1987 - Extreme Prejudice
1987 - The Running Man
1986 - A Fine Mess
1984 - Moscow on the Hudson
1984 - Fear City
Guest TV Roles
Marie Elena Casafranca
Born in Cuba, but raised in Caracas, Venezuela, Maria Conchita Alonso was crowned Miss Teenager of the World in 1971 and Miss Venezuela in 1975. She became a popular actress in Latin America, working in ten telenovelas (soap operas) and starred in a quartet of Venezuelan films. She was also a popular singer, and has three Grammy nominations. In 1982, she emigrated to the US, and made her Hollywood film debut in 1984 in Paul Mazursky's Moscow on the Hudson (1984), opposite Robin Williams (I). In 1995 she was playing "Aurora/Spider Woman" in a Broadway production of "Kiss of the Spider Woman", making her the first South American woman to star on the Great White Way.
- Miss Distrito Federal 1975
- Father: Ricardo Alonso Mother: Conchita Bustillo Brothers: Ricardo and Robert Alonso
- (29 October 1984) she gave a concert in "El Junquito", a prison in Caracas, Venezuela.
- Was originally considered for the part of Matron in _Edmond (2005)_ (qv), but had to decline because she had a tour in Mexico during the time the film would be shot. The role was eventually given to 'Debi Mazar' (qv).
- Speaks 4 languages - Spanish, English, French and Italian
- Became a US citizen on 10th October 2005.
- Was considered for the role of Eva Peron in _Evita (1996)_ (qv).
- Has 2 dogs and 2 cats and works with many animal protection groups