Jun. 29th, 1957
5' 6 1/2"
Maria Conchita Alonso's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Cuba, but raised in Caracas, Venezuela, Maria Conchita Alonso was crowned Miss Teenager of the World in 1971 and Miss Venezuela in 1975. She became a popular actress in Latin America, working in ten telenovelas (soap operas) and starred in a quartet of Venezuelan films. She was also a popular singer, and has three Grammy nominations. In 1982, she emigrated to the US, and made her Hollywood film debut in 1984 in Paul Mazursky's Moscow on the Hudson (1984), opposite Robin Williams (I). In 1995 she was playing "Aurora/Spider Woman" in a Broadway production of "Kiss of the Spider Woman", making her the first South American woman to star on the Great White Way.
- In the early 80s, she released two albums under the nickname of Ambar, (Love Maniac and The Witch), with huge success.
- Miss Teen World 1971, Miss Venezuela 1975.
- Became a US citizen on 10th October 2005.
- Loves motorcycling, snow skiing and water skiing
- 6th in Miss World 1975
- (29 October 1984) she gave a concert in "El Junquito", a prison in Caracas, Venezuela.
- Schooled in Switzerland and Spain
- In 2005, she launched her own fashion line called "Soy".