Mar. 25th, 1962
Marlborough, Massachusetts, USA
Marcia Cross' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1990 - Bad Influence
Guest TV Roles
Katherine 'Kate' Woods
Herself - Guest
Marcia Cross is an incredibly beautiful and talented actress. In the 1980s and 1990s, she did soap operas like "The Edge of Night" (1956), "Knots Landing" (1979) and "One Life to Live" (1968). In 1992, she got her big break when she was picked for the cast of the hit nighttime drama, "Melrose Place" (1992). Her character, Kimberly Shaw, is one of the most memorable characters in television and considered by most the glue of the show.
In 1993, her long-time companion, Richard Jordan (I), died. In 1997, after six years on "Melrose Place" (1992), she left the show to get her Master's Degree. She did several films from 1997 to 2003, when she snapped back into television on the hit drama series "Everwood" (2002).
She left "Everwood" (2002) after one season to take what has proven to be the biggest role in her career: Bree Van De Kamp on the surprise hit "Desperate Housewives" (2004). For her work on "Housewives" she's gotten herself her first award nominations: a Golden Globe, Golden Satelitte, TV Guide Award and SAG Award. The conventional wisdom is that she will be sticking with "Housewives" for awhile, and is likely to be nominated for more awards because of it.
- Placed 28 on VH1's List Of "The 40 Hottest People Over 40" In 2005.
- She and her husband, Tom Mahoney, became the parents of fraternal twins daughters named Eden and Savannah, on February 20, 2007 in Los Angeles.
- Nominated for her first awards in 2004 - Golden Globe, Golden Satelitte Award, TV Guide Award and SAG Award.
- Education: Was graduated from the Juilliard School in New York, and Earned master's degree in psychology at LA's Antioch University.
- Has an older sister named Susan and a younger sister named Ellen.
- Was once considered for the role of Madeleine White in _Inside Man (2006)_ (qv), but was not able to due to her commitment to the TV series _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv). 'Jodie Foster' (qv) got the part.
- She and her future _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv) co-star, 'Brenda Strong' (qv), both starred in _"Everwood" (2002)_ (qv). Strong guest-starred in a few episodes while Cross was a steady cast-member from 2003-2004. They never were in the same episodes. They also both guest-starred in different episodes of _"Ally McBeal" (1997)_ (qv).
- Played a doctor on _"Melrose Place" (1992)_ (qv), _"Everwood" (2002)_ (qv) and episode #9.7 of _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv).