Aug. 18th, 1970
Jersey City, New Jersey, USA
Malcolm-Jamal Warner's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Fool's Gold
1994 - Drop Zone
Guest TV Roles
Angus T. Jefferson
Was born in Jersey City, New Jersey. Named after Malcolm X and legendary jazz pianist 'Ahmad Jamal'. Fronts the jazz front band Miles Long, which records under Malcolm's own label, the Wonder Factory. Plays upright bass. Released an autobiography, "Theo and Me," in 1988. In his spare time, Warner also participates in live poetry readings.
- Won _"Celebrity Poker Showdown" (2003)_ in record time. As he out-played Jesse Metcalfe, Heather Graham, Fred Willard and Andrea Parker in only 19 hands of No Limit Texas Hold 'Em. The show which usually runs in a two hour slot, only had enough material to fill one hour.
- Was nominated for an Emmy in 1986 for his portrayal of Theo Huxtable on the 1980s hit _"The Cosby Show" (1984)_ (qv).
- Was named after Malcolm X and jazz pianist Ahmad Jamal.
- His first manager was 'Miriam Baum' (qv).
- Was a grand Marshall in a Pittsburgh parade in 1985.
- Attended Agelus Mesa Elementary School.
- Maternal grandson of James and Thelma Mcgee, and paternal grandson of Alpha Kate Warner.
- Ranked #32 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars"