Aug. 18th, 1970
Jersey City, New Jersey, USA
Malcolm-Jamal Warner's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Was born in Jersey City, New Jersey. Named after Malcolm X and legendary jazz pianist 'Ahmad Jamal'. Fronts the jazz front band Miles Long, which records under Malcolm's own label, the Wonder Factory. Plays upright bass. Released an autobiography, "Theo and Me," in 1988. In his spare time, Warner also participates in live poetry readings.
- Was a grand Marshall in a Pittsburgh parade in 1985.
- Former acting student of 'Gary Veney' (qv), at an acting class in Inglewood, California.
- Was nominated for an Emmy in 1986 for his portrayal of Theo Huxtable on the 1980s hit _"The Cosby Show" (1984)_ (qv).
- His first manager was 'Miriam Baum' (qv).
- Dated _"Family Matters" (1989)_ (qv) actress 'Michelle Thomas (I)' (qv). Reportedly, he was at her bedside when she died of cancer in 1998.
- Won _"Celebrity Poker Showdown" (2003)_ in record time. As he out-played Jesse Metcalfe, Heather Graham, Fred Willard and Andrea Parker in only 19 hands of No Limit Texas Hold 'Em. The show which usually runs in a two hour slot, only had enough material to fill one hour.
- Was named after Malcolm X and jazz pianist Ahmad Jamal.
- Ranked #32 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars"